70. - Journey to the Mountains.

After my night out with the Lizardman Receptionist, I had returned to my inn and immediately fell into bed. One thing that a new body did NOT change, was the effects of drinking a lot of alcohol.
Even though my tolerance is quite high, I still managed to get the expected hangover in the morning.

Speaking of the next morning...
I had been called quite early by the Guildmaster for a meeting. I'm not going to recount everything that I was told by him, however I'll summarise it in a very short format.

There was a situation in a village located up in some mountains, where several villagers had been going missing for the last couple of days.
Apparently a quest surrounding this village was posted just yesterday in the evening, right before the guild closed, which asked for help in investigating these disappearences.

When the Guildmaster learned of the quest, he quickly ordered it to be written down on my name, before calling me in and tasking me with this quest.

Now, I'm gonna be honest for a minute, I have no idea why he immediately decided to send me on this quest, however I had no real way to back out.
I bet this dirty dog would have blackmailed me if I didn't go on it.

So yeah... I just wanted to make all that clear, since right now, I was in a carriage, that was taking me to the bottom of the mountains in which the village was located at. The Guildmaster had set up this carriage ride for me to get there, however then informed me that beyond and up the mountain I was going to have to travel on foot, due to the very rocky and uneven road that the mountain had leading up to the village.

While in the carriage, I simply was browsing my status window, looking at anything new I had potentially missed, of even potential [Fractured] combos I could do.

May I suggest 'Magic Resistance' and 'Magic Nullification Barrier'?

Those two?
But they seem so unrelated - unless you count the fact that both of them are to do with magic.

I understand that,
However I believe they may combine into a very useful skill for you Master.

I thought about Ancient Ones suggestion for a bit.
It sounded like a strange, maybe even an impossible combo - however, if the Ancient One, who supposedly was supposed to be all knowing, suggested it and stated that it may give me a useful skill, then maybe it was worth it?

'Fine, go ahead.'

Using the skill [Fractured]..

Successful.

Epic Skill [Magic Immunity] acquired.

Holy shit-
Magic Immunity?! Does that mean I'm completely immune to magic?!

Well, only Magic that is a lower rank than you. Any Magic higher ranked than you, is still going to do damage, just decreased.

Still, that sounds like an amazing skill!
Any other suggestions?

Let me take a look...

Ancient One went silent as he probably began to analyse and go through any possibly useful combinations that would give me a good skill.
I've got to say, so far, I'd say the best skill I have is 'Fractured', maybe 'Devourer' outweighs it a little bit.

Master, I haven't found a combination. Unfortunately, none of your skills right now are able to be combined noir even evolved.

I apologize.

Don't, it's fine.
Even one new skill is enough to make the difference sometimes.
I closed my status window afterwards, before sighing and leaning back against the carriages side.