86. - A Scorching Path.

Upon entering the village, the thick fog had dissipated enough for it to be completely and clearly visible. If anything, it was a little too visible. And by throwing a look back, I could see why.

The thick fog abruptly ended right at the village gate - almost like some sort of barrier was keeping the fog out of the village, but was allowing them to enter.
It honestly was a wild sight.

[Wio] "My Lord, I don't see any humans around. However..."

"Yeah, I can sense it too."

I replied, looking off into the village. There seemed to be no humans in the village whatsoever, however, with my 'Overworld Detection' I was able to sense the presence of many, many powerful individuals inside this village.

"They're hiding."

I hopped off the carriage.

"Get ready for a potential fight."

Wezrall nodded, hopping off the carriage as well, before shifting into his Wendigo form. Before continuing to move further into the village, I quickly made the carriage disappear into the shadows, using my 'Shadow Manipulation' to sort of store it away while we didn't need it.

Afterwards, I turned back around before beginning to march on further into the village, Wezrall following me from right behind.
Moving further into the village, shivers were sent down my spine - I felt like I was being... Watched, from every possible angle.

Almost like there was something hiding all over the place. Or... Should I say - some things.

[Wezrall] "My Lord, please stay alert. I can feel something getting closer."

You can?
But why can't I feel it- 'Overworld Detection' should be able to pick up on even the slightest of hidden movement...

It could be because [Overworld Detection] has a limit to its maximum power output, while Wezrall is using his enhanced monster senses to detect Magical Energy traces.

'Okay... Can I replicate that??'

With the current resources? - No.
[Overworld Detection] would HAVE to evolve for you to be able to mimic Wezralls detection abilities to the same extent.

Well shit, looks like I should stick to Wezrall as much as possible, IF I wanted to make sure I wasn't able to be ambushed.

We continued walking further and further into the village for a bit, before stopping somewhat in the middle of it.
The reason for us stopping?

[Wezrall] "We're surrounded, my Lord."

"Yeah, I sense them too.."

I replied, before exhaling lightly.
It's better to just break the news to whoever was surrounding us.

"Whoever is there, we know you have us surrounded. So go ahead and show yourselves already."

I announced loudly, crossing my arms in the process. For a couple of moments, it was silent. No movement, no reaction - nothing. The silence was a bit suffocating if you ask me.

Eventually, after a couple of moments, the individuals we had been sensing the whole time appeared in our vision, turning visible with this strange fire ring that uncovered their bodies.

Each of them was dressed in a thick robe or cloak, which was primarily coloured orange, red and gold. The cloaks - or robes - didn't look like the ones the Hand Sons would wear, so it couldn't be them.
After another moment, one of the individuals removed their hood, revealing a Lizardman looking face.