44. - A Trial Hidden in The Domain.

I continued my descend down the stairs, slight sweat dropping down my cheeks as I kept on going deeper and deeper down.
The already somewhat dim cave, became even dimmer inside of this staircase area. While I could and most would most likely use their 'infrared' vision to see where the stairs lead down to, the heat in the volcano alone was enough to basically turn me blind the moment I decided to switch to my infrared vision.

So it was not worth even using.
I simply flicked a small flame on top of my index finger for a 'light' source, by using a small amount of power from my [Ifrit {Lord of Flames}] skill.

Before you ask, yes, apparently I was able to just use fire based abilities with this skill as well - it's only function wasn't to summon Ifrit and drain half of my Magical Energy.

Trust me, I was surprised to learn this as well.
But at the same time, I felt completely idiotic when I did learn of it.

'I'm slowly starting to regret my choice of coming down here..'

I thought, exhaling.
These stairs reminded me of the fucking staircase back when I first found the ruins where Arabor was sealed inside.
Which was NOT a pleasant memory at all. Trust me, I hated that entire experience of going down the staircase and then having to propel myself back up afterwards.

Eventually, after a little while, I finally reached the end of the staircase, walking out into a small tunnel, which led off into a very, very open room.

The room was gigantic.
All the way on the other side of it, was an empty pedastal that seemed to have a crystal cage around it.
However, other than that, there was nothing else that I could spot in this room.

Well... That is - spot with eyes.

[Universal Detection] has picked up multiple High Density Magical Energy organisms lower down.

Yeahh... Don't trust your sight in this world.
Sometimes, it completely lies.

Walking a bit further into the room, I was eventually met with a steep drop down, which looked a lot like a massive cliff.
Looking down at the bottom of the drop, I could spot what looked to be 3 massive... Dragons? I think?

Whatever they were, the creatures slept at the bottom.

Analysis suggests that in order to reach the pedestal incased in Crystal, the monsters at the bottom have to be defeated.

I figured as much... Well, no point in stalling.

I then simply hopped into the giant drop down, before falling for a couple moments, landing with a loud and powerful crash, which woke up the three creatures, who all looked at me before roaring, shaking the room as they did.

With a quick Appraisal through [Sages' Wisdom], I was able to find out that these three monsters were Greater Devil Half-Dragons.

Now, I have no idea what 'half-dragon' meant or what the 'Devil' was supposed to mean — However what I did know, is that these things were strong.
On average, their stats fell behind mine by a small margin and they had significantly less skills, however the skills they did have, were mostly Epic and Individual.

'Looks like I'm in for one hell of a battle..'

I thought, preparing as I took a battle ready position - adrenaline kicking in like crazy, as a powerful sense of thrill and excitement rushed into me.
Perhaps finally, I'll get a fight that won't end in 12 seconds.

All three half-dragons quickly prepared and fired off black and red flame breaths at me, which I swiftly dodged by leaping up high into the air, before retaliating with a Maximum power
[Venom Shocker] which hit 2 of the three monsters.