45. - Ancient Fire and The Fire Prince.

Upon hearing the strange voice, I couldn't help but raise an eyebrow. What the hell did it mean by 'meet its new master?'

Surely the thing didn't pick me to hold... Whatever this 'fire' is — right?
Then, a moment later, the crystal cage around the fire suddenly began to crack, breaking off and falling to the ground before turning into dust piece by piece.

The cracking and breaking of the cage increased in speed and amount with the upcoming moments, as it revealed the pedestal that was once encased within it.
Once all of the Crystal Cages parts had fallen off, a flame ignited upon the pedestal - burning a crimson red colour, which was mixed with a strange black tone.

'Is this that fire of rebellion or whatever that was sealed in here?'

I thought, before lifting up my right arm, about to reach for it, before quickly pulling it back.
Was it a good idea to touch this thing?

God knows, what this fire is and can do — So should I really be touching it?

'Sages' Wisdom, can you give me an analysis on the flame?'

Analysis begun..

.

..

...

Analysis completed.
The 'Ancient Fire of Rebellion' is a S - Tier item capable of being used to craft powerful equipment or evolving certain skills into very powerful ones.

I see.. So is it safe to touch?

Positive.

Well, I'll trust your word then.
I then reached out my right arm at the fire. When my hand got close to it, an orb exterior suddenly appeared around the fire, which upon me touching it, glowed for a moment, before minimizing the fire inside.

I then simply picked up the orb containing the fire, before examining it a bit closer - using Appraisal on it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Item - Ancient Fire or Rebellion
Rank - S
Item Description:
'This Ancient Fire was forged out of the power of a Dying Star that was found underground many millennia ago. It is said that this flame has the power to rival the fire possessed by " Primal Dragon of Fire ".'

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Huh- this thing seems like it could come in useful sometime down the line..
Maybe I could eventually use it to forge somekind of armour or something.

Shrugging a bit, I closed the item description menu, before sliding the orb into my bag on my waist, before looking around this room for anything else of interest.
It seemed like there was nothing else really of interest in here, so I simply turned around and stepped into a shadow, leaving this room.

...

         I stepped out of some shadows back in the small enclosed room where I had found the ancient language writing on the walls, before making my way back into the tunnel that led to here, with the intention of finding a different path to take and start monster hunting again.

This whole ordeal of finding this ancient fire and doing that 'trial' and what not, was a VERY big distraction, so I needed to get back onto the right path as fast as possible - mainly, I had to go back to killing enemies inside the dungeon.