27. - New Friends? I Guess?

We walked for a while, simply talking among ourselves. So far, I had managed to learn the names of the trio.
The human girl was named Celia, just like I had heard yesterday. And apparently she was a druid.
The Human Rogue was named Nik - he was supposedly an old friend of Celia.

Finally, the Demonoid. His name was Albertó and apparently he was a powerful 'Necromancer'.

I don't know why, but something about the name 'Albertó' simply stood out to me. It sounded like it didn't even belong in this world - more like it was something taken from my old world.

The three of them apparently were a C - Rank party of  Adventurers. Which basically meant that all three of them had the titles "Advanced".

And also, it also meant that by the Guilds standard, they were stronger than me - even if in reality, that probably wasn't true.

[Nik] "Hey... I just realized. You haven't told us who you are."

Nik spoke dragging my attention to him.
I smiled a bit awkwardly after realising that I forgot to introduce myself as well.

"My apologies— My name is Shin and I am a Black Sorcerer."

I replied, keeping a somewhat friendly smile on my face. The trio looked at me a bit surprised.

[Celia] "My- those aren't really that common to see.."

The Demonoid laughed.

[Albertó] "I figured you had to be one. After all, using Black Magic and then Shadow magic like that would be something that only Black Sorcerers are able to do."

'Well, I can't really use Shadow Magic... It's just my skill Shadow Manipulation...'

I corrected him in my thoughts.
Of course - I didn't say this out loud — There was no way I would say it out loud.

After all, I had no idea if having skills such as my [Shadow Manipulation] would raise suspicion or not.
Now that I also think about it - thank god for [Sages' Wisdom] actively protecting my status from any Appraisal skills. If one of those manage to get through and see my stats, I'm busted like a walnut.

[Nik] "Shin eh? Interesting name."

[Celia] "It definitely is a bit unusual..."

Celia laughed while agreeing with Nik. She then looked at me again.

[Celia] "Another thing... What are those strange markings on your skin?"

Oh shit- I forgot that I had these.
Does this mean they also saw my snake eyes?-

No.
I have taken the liberty to use the skill [Undetectable] to completely hide the appearance of your real eyes.
To them, they look like normal human eyes to some extent.

'To some extent'? What's that supposed to mean?

It means that your eyes retain their colour, however do not retain the snake look.

I see.
So it's basically like I have golden human like eyes. Alright, that's easy enough to understand.

Now about my markings... They're the same stripes I had when I'm in my snake form and they carry over to my human appearance whenever I shift.

But how do I explain them without raising suspicion?
I remained silent for a minute, while making it look like I was thinking.

"To be honest.. I have no idea what their about. They've covered my body ever since I was born."