50. - Meeting With the Guildmaster.

The Next Day...

       I was in bed for a long time. Despite the overnight 'healing' and resting, my body was still slightly aching in pain from using all that Magical Energy in quick succession.

However, it definitely was more manageable at this point in time - atleast, it was more manageable compared to yesterday, where my body had felt like it had been endlessly thrashed around for 5 Hours or something.

'Man... Serpents Wrath is such a powerful skill, but god damn, is the after effects not worth it..'

I thought.
While yes, the pain was mostly from exerting a lot of Magical Energy in quick succession - Mainly, through the summoning of Ifrit and then charging [Serpent's Wrath] to it's absolute full power I could get from the remaining Magical Energy - The skill in itself, [Serpent's Wrath] had negative consequences every time it was used.

I didn't know all of them, however thanks to
[Sages' Wisdom], I did know some of them.
Mainly 2.

One consequence was a stat decrease penalty. Basically, after using the skill, I'll get a decrease to my stats for a period of time.

Second consequence I knew, was sort of a 'recoil'. Remember how I said my Body hurted? Yeah, well, that wasn't the only thing that hurted.
Using the skill [Serpent's Wrath] seems to always hit me with 'recoil', damaging my HP bar. And the damage is scaled accordingly to the amount of power I charge the skill to.

Basically, the more powerful I send the skill out, the more damage I take.
That was the basic jist of it all.

     As I continued to laze around in my bed, a sudden knock came from my door. Lifting up my head, I looked over to the door before quickly getting up and out of bed, only to groan in pain afterwards.

'Probably shouldn't do any rapid movements..'

I thought, before slowly making my way over to the room door and using my [Overworld Detection] skill to see what was on the otherside.
There seemed to only be a single person, so I doubt it was anything bad.

Opening the door, I was greeted by a male Elf, who was wearing what looked a lot like the Guilds Receptionist uniform.

[Guild Messenger] "Good day Mr.Shin, I bring a letter from the Guild."

Must be the results of my promotion.

"Thank you.."

I replied, taking the letter that the man handed me over. The elf then simply bowed slightly before me, wishing me a farewell before turning away and leaving.
A bit confused, but also a bit too tired to question anything, I closed and locked my room door, bringing the letter over to the table in my room.

Sitting down by the table, I examined the letter first, to ensure that it wasn't some... I don't know, explosive I guess.

Although, I doubt they know what those are. And if they do, I doubt they'd have them small enough to fit into letters.
The only thing that really made me feel reassured that this letter wasn't some fake or so, was the wax seal on it, which was identical to the one the guild usually uses.

How do I know this?
Well, while waiting for quests or quest rewards, I like to use [Sages' Wisdom] to take a look at what the receptionists are doing.
So I've seen them place an exactly the same seal on letters before.

'Better see what it is.'

I thought, ripping the letter open, before taking out the paper contained within.
After a quick read through, my jaw practically hit the floor as I also shed a rather large sweat.