84. - Thanatos Del Death.

I stood in place, partly shocked and partly terrified inside. Thanatos.... While I don't want to draw direct comparisons between this world and my old one, this situation made it nearly impossible to not to do so.
I mean, Thanatos was the name of one of the 4 Horsemen of Apocalypse in the... New Testament I believe.

I believe in my old world, Thanatos also represented death, so the drawing of comparisons was quite hard not to do.

Although, the one thing that wasn't similar was most certainly was the look - this guy looked almost royal — Like those 'Black Knights' in a lot of other fantasy and isekai stories I knew.

[Thanatos] "I do apologize for the attack from the soldiers of the Holy Night Order, however we are to apprehend any suspicious individuals travelling through the Abyssal Woods."

"Suspicious individuals? How exactly do we fit the bill?!"

Let's see;
A Human with strange markings on his body, with golden Serpent eyes accompanied by an Elk that hasn't been seen in over 350 years, going through the Abyssal Woods in a carriage that is unlicensed.

That makes you two look like REAL suspicious individuals.

'And how exactly is that meant to help?! Also, unlicensed?!'

No way we were given an unlicensed carriage by the Guildmaster, he wouldn't do that.

Indeed - he didn't.
Somebody had removed the license earlier down the road while you were distracted.

Wha—

'Why the fuck did you not say anything?!'

I did.
But you didn't listen.

Great... Me and my main character syndrome to ignore things that are happening around me.. how fantastic.
B-But wait— I shouldn't even have that kind of thing, I ain't the main character or something! And besides, how did my 'Overworld Detection' not pick up on any activity—

Before I could finish my rant to myself, Thanatos launched another attack towards me, only this time, it was a multitude of bones crashing into the ground where I was standing before.
I had successfully dodged before the sharpened, red bones could pierce me, but god damn- Those things are sharp.

[Thanatos] "Are you done talking to whoever you are talking inside your mind?"

"Wha-?!"

I exclaimed.
How did he know about me speaking to Ancient One?! That shouldn't even be possible!

My analysis suggests that he doesn't necessarily know about me being inside your mind.

He simply has picked up on the fact that you are talking to someone through your mind.

Oh thank god-
I thought I was in big hot water there for a second. I shed a sweat as I landed onto the ground and looked at Thanatos.

"A bit hasty to fight eh? How about we just sit down and I can explain myself-"

[Thanatos] "I'd love to do that, but you see..."

He put his helmet back on, his red pupils dwindling as he looked at me, pulling his sword out of the ground, before swinging it to the side.

[Thanatos] "Whenever I find a strong opponent, I just can't resist the urge to fight them!"

He announced, before dashing at me with unreal speed. I quickly leapt into the air, as Wezrall was left to watch in distressed.
Looks like the only way to get out of this one is by fighting... Buuut....