59. - Meeting with The Guildmasters Friend.

As I approached the source of the heat I had seen earlier, I began to wonder - who even was this friend? I mean, no living beings can even survive out here — so what the hell was this friend, that allowed him to live out here?

Was he a lich..?

That would be an incorrect judgement.
Liches are mostly incapable of human behaviour.

Really now..? An encounter back in the fucking Fire Princes Domain dungeon says otherwise.
(Yes, Odale 'sneezed' - don't ask how)

'Y'know, if you are that impressive to be called 'Ancient One', then how about you tell me what could possibly survive out here other than a lich?'

....
I have to say, that I unable to comprehend the question.

OH DON'T GIVE ME THAT SHIT!
YOU AIN'T SOME 'ROBOT' THAT CAN ONLY RESPOND TO COMMANDS.

I sighed afterwards, before finally reaching the source of the heat I saw earlier.
It was a... House. And a fairly normal one at that. Maybe this friend really was just a human or something.

I looked around the small house for a door, before eventually finding what looked like a main entrance. Walking up to it, I lifted my right arm up, about to knock.

Are you sure this is a wise move?
We don't know what this friend is like or what they even are.

'True, but I kinda don't have a— Wait the second, how the hell do you know—'

I read your memories.
My apologies.

I sighed. Of course he read my memories.
I then simply rolled my eyes, before scratching my right cheek.
His question was fair - was it smart to just knock and see this friend without basically knowing anything about them?
What if they reacted violently and suddenly attacked me? Or worse... What if they are annoying as hell..?

A shiver ran down my spine.

'I have enough with one annoying voice.'

HEY!-

I sighed before reaching my right hand out towards the door again, before knocking on it for a couple of moments.
Afterwards, I pulled my arm back and lowered it back to my side.

Then, I waited.
And waited..
And waited...

Perhaps the Master of the House isn't home?

'Maybe... But I did see the heat of a person shape inside this thing, so they definitely are home.'

I thought.

Then perhaps we should look for an alternative way inside?

Not a bad suggestion. Although, wouldn't it count as breaking inside a place if we just wattled inside without the maste of the house inviting us inside?

Maybe it would.
However, do you have a better idea?

....You know, I hate it that you're right in this situation. I then let out a deep sigh.
Looks like we're becoming a burglar now - honestly, how did I end up here?

With that, I began to look around the perimeter and all over the small house for any windows or something else I could use as an alternative entrance into the house.
However, to no avail, there was no luck, as I simply wasn't able to find any entrance - not even a tiny crack through which I could use my
[Shadow Manipulation] skill to get inside.