28. - Back to The Forest.

As soon as the next morning rolled around, I had immediately headed off out of the town and into the forest where the adventurers I met yesterday were apparently head to.
This whole business surrounding the monster heart had piqued my interest - After all, I had but a single a thought in my mind...

Would [Devourer] work on it?
And if it does, will it be a lot of Magical Energy that I'll get?

These two questions were... Well, they were the main reasons for my small journey in the first place.
Oh and I should mention that I also checked in with the guild about the dungeon I took on to defeat - I mostly told them that I'll do it today, since yesterday there was... Some minor setbacks.

   I was already somewhat on the outskirts of the town after a little while - however didn't risk going back to my normal appearance since I wasn't far enough for me to consider it safe to 'transform back'.

Now, if you're curious onto how I even knew where I was going in the first place, the answer is...

That I have no clue where I'm going.
Yeah, I didn't ask the adventurers where the monster heart was and asking the guild would make me look suspicious.

So instead, I decided to simply head back to where I had found those adventurers yesterday and then have [Sages' Wisdom] guide me to the Monster Heart.

After all, if it's completely filled with Corrupt Magical Energy, surely, surely it would be easy to detect for something like [Sages' Wisdom].

...Right?

    It took a little while, however I eventually reached the location I had killed the Crystalline Wolf at and met the trio of the adventurers first.

The corpse of the wolf was still here, although now a bit more decomposed and seemingly turned into... Crystals or stone... Oh the irony.

'Is it like Crystallizing or something?'

Answer;
'Crystalline Wolf' is a species of creatures that enter into a 'crystallization' form after death.

...So basically what I just thought of.
Y'know, sometimes you give information on stuff that is obvious as hell.

...

Aaand you're silent. Sorry if I offended you.

No offense taken.

...Now I'm speaking to myself.
Shaking my head lightly, I looked around. The area around was definitely bordering a part of some woods... The question now was, whether these were the correct woods.

'Sages' Wisdom, use Overworld Detection.'

Understood.
Beginning a mass scale area analysis..

Now before you ask - [Overworld Detection] is usually passively active. That's how I learn of any person or creature that comes my way.

However, I also have an option to use
[Sages' Wisdom] to exert out a full-scale analysis of the area around me, which will pick up on Magical Energy signs of not just creatures that may be a threat, but also items and more passive creatures.

It honestly was rather surprising how 'complex' some of my skills could be...

Like some of them seem pretty simply on the surface, however it's only when you start using them more and more or have something like my [Sages' Wisdom] you are able to realise just how much is possible with these skills.

It honestly was also a bit overwhelming...

It felt like every day I was learning new things about skills I thought I already knew everything about.