68. - A Snake among Humans.

"My name is Faofa Shin, and I am a Snake."

I announced, sweating nervously as I gazed at Gidou and Jio with a dead serious expression. For what felt like the longest couple of seconds of my fricking life, it was a silence between us three - probably because Gidou and Jio were trying to process what I had just stated.

After a bit, Gidou exhaled before scratching his chin.

[Gidou] "That's it?"

...
....

THE FUCK YOU MEAN 'THATS IT'?!?
I JUTS REVEALED MY BIGGEST SECRET AND THAT'S ALL YOU'VE GOT TO SAY TO ME?!

I kept my composure on the outside of course, however couldn't help but twitch a little by the Guildmasters seemingly unswayed and unsurprised attitude towards the information.

[Jio] "I don't know what to really say - other than, ask — Is this a joke?"

"Do I look like I'm joking?"

I asked.
Jio still looked sceptical, while Gidou looked pretty much convinced.

I sighed.

'Fine, I'll just show em my snake form.'

Is that wise?
If they choose to not uphold their promise, they can kill you.

It'll be fine.
Atleast, I hope it will...

I then simply deactivated my 'Jester' transformation, dissipating the black smoke that made up my human form, before coiling up in my snake form, while remaining on the couch.

Upon seeing this, both Jio and Gidou looked quite surprised about my statement being true after all - before leaning back into their couch.

[Jio] "I cannot believe... We didn't manage to detect a monster hiding among us."

"Well, I don't blame you all— I am quite good at concealing my aura."

More like I repurpose a portion of my 'Undetectable' skills ability to hide my aura within my body. Well, most of it anyway - I can't make it disappear completely.
A silence took place in the room for a couple of moments, before being broken by Gidou, who practically bust out laughing.

[Jio] "Something funny Gid?"

[Gidou] "Hahah... I'm just surprised that I didn't realise it earlier. It all makes sense now - why you choose to go solo, how you're so unaware about the value of different items and how you're able to fight strong monsters."

He wiped off his tears, before looking at me with a smile.

[Gidou] "So tell me, what even is a Monster doing here in the town, disguised as a human?"

...
They're really not attacking me-
What on earth? I expected them to break the promise the second they saw my true form, but they're actually upholding it.

"So... You're not bothered by me being a monster?"

Jio and Gidou raised an eyebrow to this question.
Then, Jio shook her head lightly, while Gidou let loose a chuckle.

[Jio] "Not in the slightest. I already suspected that you were unique."

[Gidou] "Indeed. The things you have managed to do while no one else is around sort of made me already suspicious of who you were. But gotta say, I never expected you to be a monster."

Gidou then rubbed the back of his head, before shaking his head.

[Gidou] "But anyway- I would like you to answer my question."