98. - Faofa VS The Heroes.

We travelled for a while, getting through the road faster than ever before. One benefit of the shadow beasts I had summoned to pull the carriage we had, was that the beasts were much, much stronger than the horses and much, much faster than the horses, which in return allowed us to cover more distance in roughly the same amount of time.

I mean, by the Ancient Ones calculations, we were going to arrive to Yiinao in a couple more days with this pace, compared to the guaranteed 2 or so weeks that would have been us just travelling, had we stuck to the horses.

Not to disrespect horses or anything....
But my Shadow Beasts were just better.

Currently we had stopped for a break, simply to have a little food and things before continuing our travel. Oh and also to let the Shadow Beasts rest.

Yeah, despite all the advantages they have over just normal horses, the Shadow Beasts still had a low stamina, which didn't allow them to travel for too long.
I'd say on a rough estimate that we'd spend around 12 or so hours just going forward and then 1 - 2 hours resting — depending on everyones mood.

Right now everyone was sort of all over the place.
Odale was in the carriage, still deciphering the scrolls I had tasked him with. Frindel was out on lookout duty, making sure no one was sneaking up on us or any monster was sneaking up.
Lastly, me and Wezrall were sat next to a campfire, as Wezrall slowly cooked the Hydra meat that we still had.

Yup - we still have the Hydra meat.
We actually haven't even eaten half of it - which really does put on an estimate on just how massive the thing was.

I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't excited for the hydra meat. I mean - it is incredibly delicious, especially when cooked properly. I don't know whether that's because of my new 'taste' as a monster or simply because I enjoyed weird food, but I just loved the flavour of it.
It was juicy, rich and incredibly tasty. If anything, I'd say it was the perfect meat to cook and eat.

(I am so sorry Gordon Ramsay.)

While waiting for the meat to cook, I was also busy looking through my status.
I was gaining experience significantly slower than before, which was rather strange to me. It could be because of me having evolved rapidly to the form I am in right now, which in result decreased the amount of exp I obtained - or more accurately - increased the necessary amount of exp I needed to level up — However I didn't have any proof for that yet.

It could also just be because of the fact that I had the entire Abyss inside me for a bit.
Maybe that messed with my 'biology' or something.

Master, I'd like to notify you about a mysterious presence approaching.

'Mysterious presence? What kind of presence?'

Well, I sense a large amount of Magical Energy around 8 or so Kilometres away from here.

8 Kilometres away??
How the hell did you even sense it??

Because the Magical Energy aura that I am sensing is so massive, it almost rivals that of the Horsemen of Apocalypse and Heavenly Knights.

Really?
I mean, I knew that Thanatos and Harcone had a strong presence and aura to them, but it definitely didn't seem like it was spread all across the place...

That's because Thanatos and Harcone were concealing their aura.
This individual... Whoever they are, isn't.

I see...
Well, he is 8 Kilometres away, so I'm sure we won't run into him. Besides, we're continuing to move soon anyway, so it's not a big dea—