104. - A Fox in Cats Clothing.

The next morning, I was a bit... Sour. And I think the others noticed it, as they kept giving me worried gazes while I hung around Wezralls neck as we continued our track.

Why was I sour?
Well... Last night, I had found out that the Kitsune that I had made a promise to by accident... Didn't... Actually die.

[Iyka] "Accident?! What is that supposed to mean—"

Please do not burden Master.
I will take action if you continue to burden him.

The Kitsune immediately went quiet after that threat. Gotta say, from all the times I am glad to actually have Ancient One... This may be a highlight.

My god, does the kitsune not know when to just stop complaining inside my head - it was slowly driving me insane. Genuinely - had it not been for Ancient One continuesly forcing her to step back and not speak, I think I would have lost my mind by now.

I mean...
One voice speaking inside your head is one thing, but two? I'm sure at that point somebody in my old world would have already went to get some mental help...

I sighed a bit heavily.

'So Ancient One... How is she able to communicate with me exactly?'

I am not sure, however my theory is that since she has bee inside your Soul Space for so long, she has somehow either figured out or obtained the ability to communicate with you through your soul.

....And what the fuck is a 'Soul Space'?

Think of it as a realm created by your soul.

While it is separate from your Soul, it has a strong connection to it, which allows it to host other Souls inside of it.

This is also where—

Arabor has been the whole time... Right?

...That is correct.

I thought so.
It never felt like Arabor had actually vanished, as I kept on feeling his presence even after absorbing him inside of me.
So I guess the reason for it, was that he was simply moved into this - 'Soul Space' - inside of my soul to be able to be kept alive or something...

Honestly, it sounds a lot more complex than it probably is.
I sighed once more, only a bit more heavily this time.

[Wezrall] "Uh... My Lord? Is everything alright?"

Wezrall suddenly asked, catching me slightly off guard. I shook my head lightly before laughing.

"I'm fine, don't worry."

[Frindel] "Are you sure—? You've looked like you have been in a bad mood ever since we left our camp..."

I sighed again, before looking at Frindel witn a somewhat reassuring gaze, adding in a small smile as well to try and add to the effect.

"I'm fine, really."

I replied, looking away.
I could NOT tell them that I had voices in my head. They'd think that I have finally lost it.

Although... I have interacted with the Ancient One infront of them before... So maybe it was fine to tell them-?

I do not recommend doing that.

Welp-
Guess I won't be doing that then.

Yeah, right - 'do not recommend' my ass — GIVE A REASON NOT JUST SAY IT AND REFUSE TO ELABORATE!

....It should be pretty self explanatory.

Well- then maybe I am dumb, because I don't get it.
The Ancient One seemingly sighed at my statements, which definitely made me a bit mad, since it made me feel like the Ancient One was judging me based on my ability to catch on.