40. - Talk with The Gorgan Elder

The elder smiled lightly as his daughter continued to stare at me in suprise and admiration.

"So? Why did you want to meet me?"

[Opphire] "Right- My apologies. I just wanted to first make sure you knew to speak to us normally and not pretend to be an unintelligent monster."

The elder explained a bit before fixing his shirt a bit.

[Opphire] "First, allow me to express my gratitude for saving my daughter and bringing her back here."

Well, I suppose I did save her- but it's more like she brought me here, not the other way round.

[Opphire] "We learned of her disappearence just this morning and were worried that something may have happened to her. We were already planning on kicking off a full blown search for her with all the residents."

'That extreme?!- But you're just an elder-'

An 'Elder' title is comparable in power to the title of 'Lord'.

Oh... Well that makes a little more sense then.
Although, where does the title of 'Lord' sit?

....No answer huh... I don't know what I expected.

"Well, I just happened to come across a group of sketchy individuals that were gathered around her while she was passed out, so I decided to tail them and then take them out. Not all that hard."

I responded, sounding quite loose hearted about the whole situation. It really wasn't all that hard to beat all those cloaked people - even if they spoke an unknown language and were casting spells, none of their attacks actually had much of an effect on me.

Another time, where my ridiculous stats came in handy.
The Elder laughed.

[Opphire] "I suppose its not too shocking that a Superior Serpentine took down humans with ease."

[Perl] "I didn't see it happen, but I have a feeling that Mr.Snake is really strong!"

The small girl said cheerfully, before beginning to ramble on how she thought the battle went.

While her view definitely wasn't accurate at all, it wasn't actually that far-fetched and away from being slightly accurate.

I did beat them up - but mainly without using any fancy skills.

[Kaile] "Well, looking at you our dear guests, we can tell that you're quite strong."

The Gorgan lady beside the Elder said.
Opphire had introduced her as Kaile, his wife. And when examining her, she didn't seem like much - just a normal lady with a distinguished style to her.

Wonder if they can tell I am strong because of my evolution or if they can read my stats...
But reading my stats should be impossible - after all, [Sages' Wisdom] did state that it would block any Appraisal or so skills that tried to view my status.

It would even warn me about peaking attempts.

'So maybe it's just a saying?—'

[Opphire] "Indeed... That strength we can sense from you is outstanding."

Sense?
Wait— what does THAT mean?

"Would you elaborate on what you mean by 'sense'..?"

I asked in a gentle manner.

[Opphire] "Simple. Even if you hide your aura, I can still see your soul. And my, my - your soul is something else."

My...Soul?