Chapter 16

Jungkook was instructing maid by handing over her the laundry basket when Taehi came to him, to Taehyung's room. The maid bowed at her immediately. "What?", she asked the maid. "Nothing Mother Kim. It's just that the young master was saying which all dresses need to be washed separately.", she said. "Mmm. Wash Taehyung's dresses only.", Taehi said. "But. Young masters.", Maid asked in confusion. "If his dresses come in Namjoon's laundry, then wash it or else leave it. If I see you washing them. Then you will know me. Now go.", Taehi said sternly. Maid nodded and fiddled inside the basket and took Taehyung's clothes and went. "You are a young master only if you are Namjoon's husband, Jungkook. This room, this space, this tag as Taehyung's husband belongs to her, Lisa only.", Taehi said smirking. Jungkook looked at her a minute longer and shook his head smiling. "I come from a simple farmer family where my mother does almost everything in the family. So she has taught me how to handle a household as well as house chores. So, to wash my own clothes is not a big deal for me. And I love it, to be independent rather than to be chained and treated like a princess or a showcase.", Jungkook said and took his clothes and went from there rubbing his shoulder on her.

~
Jimin was searching for Jungkook once he reached the mansion. "Did see you Jungkookie anywhere?", he asked a maid. "Ah Jiminshi, the young master is near the pond." the maid said. "But I didn't see him there.", Jimin said. "Not the indoors. Outdoor pond.", the maid said. Jimin nodded and went to the pond and saw Jungkook rinsing his hanbok. "Jungkookie, what are you doing? Leave.. why are you doing this? Ah? We have maids. Oh god, what will others tell if they see this.", Jimin rushed towards the boy and took the soaked dresses from his hands. "Ah, hyung. It's fine. I can do these things myself. I used to wash my clothes back at home.", Jungkook said pulling it back. "No. I am not allowing it. What if mom and grandma see. They won't like it.", Jimin said. "Mm. I don't think so.", Jungkook said smiling and took the clothes from him and rinsed it once more before squeezing the water out of it. "Did.. did mom ask you to do this?", Jimin said looking at the other's face. "Not really. She told me, I can enjoy these princess treatments if I am her older son's husband.", Jungkook said and stepped from the pond and walked to the nearest rock. "What? I didn't think she would be in this low life.", Jimin said in disbelief. "Unfortunately yes. But where did you go? It's evening already. You went in the morning.", Jungkook asked. "Ah. Long story short, Taehyungie called off his marriage.", Jimin said and took the dresses from his hands. "What? Really?", Jungkook asked with shock. "Yeah. Then what do you expect?", Jimin asked while spreading his clothes on the rock to dry. "I.. I thought he was joking. He was helping me.", Jungkook said. "Helping you? By giving his most favorite ring which he considers as precious and that too, wore it in your ring finger by himself? Do you think it's a joke?", Jimin asked. "Mm.. yes hyung. For me everything that is happening around me is a joke. Namjoon hyung, he literally put a ring on my finger in the presence of the whole village, the whole family, in front of our elders and god idols in our temple, only to mock it at last. So what can I expect more? I thought Taehyungie Hyung would forget everything he said and did so far tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. After all mm.. I am married and somebody's wife.", Jungkook said and took a seat besides Jimin on the footsteps on the pond dangling his leg on his river. Jimin's eyes traveled to other's eyes and then to the soft smile. "Jungkookie. I.. I don't have anyone to call as mine, my family. I don't remember my parents. But the day you came to this family, I.. I took you as my own brother. So don't think about anything. Till my last breath, I will be with you in your sadness and happiness. It's my promise.", Jimin said caressing other's hands. Jungkook smiled with tear welled eyes looking in other's grey orbs. "I don't need anything else hyung. This is enough. These words.", Jungkook said and wiped his tears and looked ahead at the ripples that were forming as it started raining slightly. "Come let's go inside. You will fall sick.", Jimin said and both of them ran back to the mansion after collecting all his dresses.