Chapter 38

Taehyung and Jungkook went to school the next morning along with Hobi and Jimin who were literally sticking together as if they had been glued. What else can we expect from honeymoon couples. They teased each other on the way to the school. Once they reached school, they started cleaning the dusty veranda, classroom and corridor as they haven't visited school for a long time.

All of them were engaged in their own task but got surprised when they saw a mob of people coming that way. When they reached the school ground, one among them came forward and bowed. "Younger Kim and younger master. Will you please allow us to help you as well?", he asked. Taehyung was stunned as he immediately looked at Jungkook, Hobi and Jimin. "We don't want wages, Younger Kim. We just want to be a part of this.. this school, which is going to the light of our village.", another woman came forward and bowed. "Please young master, please involve us also in this.", another one came forward. Jungkook smiled and nodded at Taehyung. Taehyung called them to join by his hands. They all smiled and rushed inside the building carrying their own cleaning equipment and farm tools. "Why are your eyes tearing, younger Kim?", Jungkook whispered in Taehyung's ears. Taehyung shook his head and wiped his eyes before rubbing off the dust from the window.

By noon everybody settled on the ground for having lunch. Everyone opened their own lunch wraps. Jimin took theirs and unwrapped it and gave it in the respective ones hands. "Do.. do you want to taste it, young master?", a woman in mid 40s extended her lunch towards Jungkook and asked hesitantly and in embarrassment because they are poor people, are neither allowed even to stand straight nor sit with Kims. Jungkook looked at her face then at lunch. He nodded and took some radish kimchi and started to eat. "It's.. it's so tasty.", he said smiling and extending his lunch to her. She shook her head in apprehension but Jungkook showed her again. "Mm.", he compelled. She looked at everyone, whose eyes are already on her as if they are seeing some scary scenes. He hesitantly took some from Jungkook's plate and ate it. "Tasty?", Jungkook asked in excitement. She nodded smiling. After that, as if they got confidence, one by one came forward to Jungkook with their own lunch and at last the entire crowd ate the lunch sharing with each other by sitting as a big round group. Taehyung, Jimin and Hobi smiled seeing Jungkook laughing and giggling to whatever the stories they were telling him.

"Are you going to sleep?", Jungkook asked Taehyung when he saw Taehyung laying comfortably under the tree on the grass, after a full course meal. "No. Just a few minutes rest.", Taehyung said. Jungkook smiled and sat beside him holding his hand in his palm looking at everyone who was taking an afternoon nap. But their nappimg session was broken by the sound of the car. Taehyung looked towards the car and stood up when he saw his grandfather and father stepped out of it with a few other men. Daehyung gritted his teeth at Jungkook. "Who gave you the permission to step inside it?", Daehyung shouted. "It's grandma's. She gave it to me.", Taehyung said. "Do you think if she gave you the paper, this building will be yours?", Daehyung asked Taehyung. "What are you looking at? Go and destroy every single thing. The whole building should be demolished by the end. Go.", Daehyung said to the guards who immediately stepped forward carrying big hammers but stopped when they saw each villager standing up with their axe, rack, shovel, knife, sickle, weeding hoe, pick mattock etc. The guards as alerted moved a step backward when the villagers stepped forward glaring at them. Daehyung looked at Jungkook then at Taehyung and clenched his fist. "Go back to your house Great Kim. We are not afraid of you anymore.", one of the villagers shouted. "We are not trained like your guard dog, Great Kim. But we know how to protect ourselves and them and our school.", one woman shouted. Daehyung stomped his leg and dared at Jungkook and Taehyung before getting into the car and drove off. Taehyung looked at everyone and bowed. "Seems like you don't need my hard work.", Taehyung eyes flicked from the villagers to the interruptor and saw Yoongi walking towards them holding a book. "Every single hand is helpful, hyung.", Jungkook said smiling. "If this pretty boy asks me to help, I will definitely help, after all my sweats will be worth thinking I am also a reason for this pretty smile.", Yoongi said and winked at Jungkook who shook his head. Taehyung laughed and asked Yoongi to join.

By 6pm, when the sun went down everyone stopped working and went to their respective shelter after bowing at them and assuring they will come back tomorrow as well. "Yoongi hyung, are you coming home? Let's have dinner together.", Hobi said. "No. No. You guys carry on.", Yoongi said smiling before going to his home and the other four walked back to their home.

~
"I have almost packed everything. Only both of your rooms items are pending.", Mrs Jeon said once the family settled in the living room after their dinner. "I will pack as soon as possible, mom.", Jungkook said. Jimin also nodded. "Let's go tomorrow morning then.", Mr Jeon said. "Since it's near to school, you won't be tired this much, walking long distance up and down everyday.", Mr Jeon said. "Yes. I can even bring lunch in the afternoon.", Mrs Jeon said. Everybody nodded. "Can we go and sleep then.", Hobi asked and stood up. "Nowadays, Hobi hyung is very sleepy early, otherwise he used to sit till midnight.", Jungkook said and bumped his shoulder on Jimin. Jimin shook his head and tucked his hair behind his ears. "What? No. I used to sleep early and rise early.", Hobi protested. "Sleep early is right but rise early? Never, especially nowadays.", Mrs Jeon said. "He is spoiling my son as well.", she said looking at Jimin, who really wished if he was invisible now. Jimin looked at everyone and immediately hid his face under his palm. "Stop teasing him. They are newly married. No problem, sons. Go and sleep. Rise whenever you want. Go.", grandma said to rescue them both. "So I guess.. mm.. good night.", Hobi said and stood up and eyed Jimin to come along with him. Jimin shook his head. Hobi dared him with his eyes and mouthed come. "Go Jiminie hyung. My hyung is very sleepy, that's why.", Jungkook teased and everybody laughed. Jimin stood up and rushed behind Hobi smiling shyly. "Aren't you both sleeping?", Mrs Jeon asked. "Why so early? I have a few things to write actually.", Taehyung said. "Oh, then go and write son.", Mrs Jeon said. Taehyung nodded and bowed at them before going to sleep. "Grandma, tell me a new story today.", Jungkook said scooting towards her and laying on her lap. "Why? Are you bored with the old?", grandma asked. "No. It's kind of scary. I am afraid to sleep.", Jungkook said. "But you have him with you to sleep, then why?", grandma asked. "Ah. Don't talk about that. He sleeps like a pig, grandma. Even in an earthquake he won't shake or wake up.", Jungkook said. "This boy. Where is your respect? He is older than you.", Mrs Jeon said slapping his leg. "Older? But sometimes I act more mature and older than him. He is childish.", Jungkook said rolling his eyes. "This bratty son of mine. I am fed up with him.", Mrs Jeon said smiling. "Aren't you using sandals and turmeric for bathing nowadays?", grandma asked caressing his cheeks. "Yes.", Jungkook said. "Bora, tomorrow pick some aloevera and give its pulp to him before bathing, my bun has tanned working in the sunlight.", she said to Bora by caressing Jungkook's forehead who is resting his head on her lap pouting. "Taehyungie Hyung should hear this. He will roll his eyes.", Jungkook said. "Haha. He is jealous. That's why.", grandma said. And the other two laughed. Mr Jeon shook his head sitting on the wooden couch as he wrote the accounts in the book.

~
Jungkook stepped inside the bedroom after one hour and saw Taehyung deeply engrossed in writing. "Seems like I have to sleep alone.", Jungkook said closing the door. "Ten more minutes.", Taehyung said. Jungkook shook his head and went to the mirror. He took off his chain and took little oil and applied it evenly on his face before going to the washroom. He washed his face and came back. "What are you writing?", Jungkook asked as he blew the lantern off on the bedside. "School work.", Taehyung said. Jungkook nodded and removed his jacket, leaving him in bare chest. He walked to the bed and laid looking at Taehyung who is busy scribbling. He pouted when he got zero attention. He rolled on the bed and laid on his stomach and titled his head and looked at him, again no response. "10 minutes is over.", Jungkook said. "Mm. You sleep, I will come.", Taehyung said and continued writing. Jungkook huffed and stood up from the bed and walked to him. "What's so urgent that you don't have time to give me your attention.", Jungkook asked and sat on the table, facing Taehyung. Taehyung signed and looked at Jungkook. "Just one more paragraph only. I will come. Go and sleep.", Taehyung said caressing his cheeks with one hand. "Then write that here.", Jungkook said and took his other hand which is holding the pen before leading it to his upper chest. Taehyung smiled shaking his head. "Where do you get this boldness from that you started intimidating me?", Taehyung asked and pressed the nib on his left upper chest. Jungkook moaned. Taehyung looked at him then at the ink. He scribbled there and took the pen back. Jungkook looked down to see what he has written. "Taehyung's.", he read. "Really?", Jungkook asked raising his eyebrows. "Yes. This heart belongs to Taehyung. Only to me.", Taehyung said and lifted him up and walked to the bed. He put him on the bed before laying beside him and pulled him to his chest who hugged him and closed his eyes. Taehyung kissed his forehead humming a beautiful song. As the song fades, he heard the soft snore from the parted lips. He smiled and laid Jungkook's head on the pillow without waking him up and stood up walked to the table and resumed writing.

...to be continued...