Chapter 42

Jungkook didn't know how he ran through the corridor stumbling on his footsteps, knocking some of the items kept on the corridor by the hem of his hanbok and rushed down the stairs with hasty steps. "DA..DADDDD... HY..HYUNGGGGGG..", Jungkook screamed on the way. Mr Jeon came out of the room with worried gaze trailing Mrs Jeon behind him when he heard all the chaos. "D..dadd..", Mr Jeon caught the boy before he fell on the ground and put him on his feet. "Jungkook.. what.. what happened?", Hobi rushed out of the room by buttoning up his shirt along with Jimin. "Th..there.. there.. th..th..they.. they..", Jungkook shuttered with horrified eyes pointing towards the main door. "Where? Who?", Hobi asked Jungkook but instantly everyone turned their heads towards the main door when they heard loud banging on it. "Th..they will kill us, dad.", Jungkook wailed gripping his dad's biceps tightly. "Who?", Mr Jeon asked. "They.. they.. are grandpa's people. They will put fire on our house.", Jungkook said crying. "Then, I want to see it. How bold they got?", Hobi said gritting his teeth and started walking towards the door. "Hy..hyung please. No.. no..", Jimin held his hand tightly whimpering shaking his head. "Jimina. Leave me. How they get courage to come in front of us again?", Hobi said fuming. "Hyung.. please.. they will have harmful weapons. Please listen to me.", Jimin pleaded him by crying. "Yes. Hyung. Don't go.. please. They are dangerous.", Jungkook said wailing. "Wait, Hobi. Sohee take those wickles and axes from the kitchen. Go fast.", Mr Jeon said to his wife who nodded and went inside the kitchen and came back with the said items. "Hold.", Mr Jeon said and gave each tool on everyone's hand. Grandma, who came by now looked at everyone in worry, but took a wickle from Mrs Jeon's hand. "Mom.", she called her softly. "We will fight together, even if it's death in the end. We will fight and die. We won't step back like any coward.", grandma said tighten the hold on her wickle. Jungkook wiped his eyes harshly before tightly gripping his wickle with both hands and stood in a defensive position. Hobi looked at everyone who was standing like they were ready to attack. He nodded by tightening his hold on axe before slowly walking to the main door. "Yo..young master.. young master.. open the door.", Hobi looked back at his parents then at Jungkook after hearing them calling. "Young master. Please open the door.", Mr Jeon looked at everyone in confusion but slightly nodded at Hobi to open the door. Hobi breathed out loudly before slamming the door opened and raised the axe with both hands to stab the first person who is going to enter the home. "Young masterrr..", Hobi slowly lowered his hands down when he saw a villager of 50s standing with a light stick and a worried gaze. "Young master. We want to see the young master.", the person said desperately. "Jungkook.", Hobi called Jungkook who walked to him in puzzlement. "Young master. Kim.. Kim Mansion is in fire. Come.. come fast.", the man said with sacred eyes. "Wh..what?", Jungkook asked in bewilderment. "Kim Mansion is burning. Please come.", another person said. "How?", Jungkook asked them. "We don't know. All we saw is fire. Some of them are putting off the fire.", another person said. Jungkook looked at everyone with scared eyes. "Come. Come fast. Let's check.", Mr Jeon said and rushed out along with others. "Come.. let's go by truck.", another villager said and everyone along with the villagers got inside the truck.

Jungkook's eyes grew larger in shock after watching the prestigious Kim Mansion getting devoured by fire. He looked towards the westside which has already turned into ashes. "Mo..mom? Namjoon hyung? Dad? Grandpa?", he asked a person who is running towards the mansion by carrying water. "Don't know, younger master. We don't know if somebody is inside the mansion and if they are alive. We were unable to enter inside it.", that person said and ran towards the mansion. "Oh, god. Dad..", Jungkook looked at his dad with teary eyes. Hobi immediately rushed towards the mansion and joined the villages to extinguish the fire. "Stay here.", Mr Jeon said to others and ran towards the mansion. "Grandma.", Jungkook turned his head and called grandma softly. She hummed looking blankly at the burning mansion. "It's.. it's.. the punishment for their harmful deeds, Jungkook. It's the aftereffect of everything. I.. I am not crying, Jungkook. This.. this they deserve it.", Grandma said harshly wiping her teary eyes and fixed her gaze on the orange flame itself. Mrs Jeon and Jimin held either of her hands as they all looked at the Mansion which is being engulfed by large flames.