Chapter 28

Taehyung was waiting impatiently the next day for his meal to be delivered with another piece of chit, but his excitement blew off when he saw it's his mom with the meal at the doorstep. Taehi looked at the boy then around the room. "How are you dear?", Taehi asked Taehyung with a soft smile but didn't get any reply. "Tae.", she called him again. "Oh, were you asking me? I didn't understand it. That dear in that sentence got me confused.", Taehyung said mocking. "Why are you treating us as your enemy, Tae?", Taehi asked once she kept the bowls and cutlery on the table. "Aren't you all my enemy?", Taehyung asked tilting his head a little. "No. Tae. We are your well wishers. Forget everything. Nothing happened between you and Jungkook. So it's fine. We won't force you for anything now onwards.", Taehi said smiling. "haha.. forget??? Forget about the stab I took from your son? I.. no.. we were moving forward without holding any grudges against anyone, we were building a life together but your son decided to spoil everything and to drag us again into this nasty place. And about nothing.. do you think there is nothing between me and Jungkook??? Haha.. everything happened between us.. we are in love.. you heard me LOVE. I love Jungkook.", Taehyung gritted through this clenched jaw. "It's not love Taehyung. It's your instinct to liberal is speaking. It's just an attraction that you are feeling towards a pretty boy. Don't word it as love. What will people think about it? And you won't be able to live with him as he is still the eldest son in law of Kim's.", Taehi said with worried eyebrows. "I know what to do. If you can, unlock me from this room.", Taehyung said. Taehi shook her head hearing her younger son's demand and walked out after locking the door. Taehyung looked at his palm, the piece of paper and signed before going to eat food.

~
Jungkook was standing closer to the door with his ears pressed on to it, eagerly waiting for the footsteps. His lips stretched to a beautiful smile, when he heard the keys shuffling sound from other side of the door. He jerked forward a little, when the door opened as he was leaning his entire body on it. He widely smiled at the maid and immediately took the meal from her hand and rushed inside the room. The maid titled her head in confusion but shook it away before closing and locking the door. Jungkook opened each lid impatiently and messily, searching every nook of the containers. But pouted when he found nothing. He sat on the floor, crossed leg with one palm under his chin and other hand's fingers fiddling with his toe.

~
"The harvest of this season is unexpectedly more profitable than last season. Great Kim. We, workers as every other year have made arrangements for the celebration. Please enlighten the events with your honorable presence.", a man in late 50s said bowing at ninety degree, standing in front of Kim Mansion along with some other workers. "Mm. We will. Taejoon.", Daehyung said to the workers before nodding at Taejoon. Taejoon immediately came forward with two red pouches and gave it to the worker. They bowed again before dispersing with the cash. "Inform everyone to get ready by 6pm. We can leave by then.", Daehyung said. "Taehyung?", Taejoon asked. "No need. Let him take rest. Make sure to leave a few maids and guards here and take the key along with us. Give a spare one to the maid as she needs to serve food.", Daehyung looked ahead at the front gate and said in deep voice. Taejoon nodded and went inside to inform everyone.

~
Jungkook watched everyone leaving the mansion, hand in hand, giggling and hopping in their best and colorful outfits looking as pretty as ever by sitting near the window. He diverted his eyes from the maids leaving as group to the family stepping outside and getting into the car. He smiled sadly as the car ride off the gate and the entire mansion fell silent as a haunted house. Jungkook looked at his palm and signed and stood up to take a bath after taking his dress from the shelf.

~

"Don't worry. Trust me, nothing will happen. Stay here. Inside the room.", Taehyung said to maid after wearing the spare dress she brought him. "How am I looking?", he asked twirling in front of her. "Beautiful as always, Younger Kim.", she said smiling nervously. "They will only come back at midnight. So don't worry. I am locking the door from outside.", Taehyung said after wearing the black scarf as a mask and stepped outside the room after looking at each side. He locked the door and put the key inside his dresses and rushed through the corridor to the outside of that cottage. He slowed down his steps when he saw the guard walking back and forth at the entrance of the west wing. He tucked his head down and giggled before swaying his hips side to side. Guard stopped walking and checked him up and down for a minute by wetting his lips with a flirting smirk. "Stop jiggling like that. Pretty girl.", the guard commanded. Taehyung giggled again and twirled on his legs and stepped inside the mansion swaying his hips in a slurry motion. He walked ahead a little and turned to look over the shoulder at guard whose eyes are fixed on his bums. He winked at him and giggled again before running inside. He rushed through the veranda like a cheetah, but halted when he saw two other maids walking in his direction. He turned to the other side and started dusting the flower vase in the shelf. He bowed at them a little and resumed dusting the bronze vessels with the hem of his hanbok. He looked back and after making sure, he entered the kitchen. "Young masters's meal.", he said in a low girly voice to the older lady standing near the furnace. "Oh, there.", she said pointing towards the slab. Taehyung nodded and took it in his hands before walking to the destination. He stopped once he reached the staircase. He inhaled and exhaled loudly to catch his breath before stepping up the stairs as he didn't realise he was running all this while. He went upstairs and smiled when he reached the same door where a bunny was locked. He looked around and insert the key inside the lock. "What are you doing?", Taehyung breath hitched when he heard other voice from the end of that corridor. He turned and saw a guard. He bowed at him and lifted the plate he is holding. The guard nodded and walked ahead. Taehyung turned the key and opened the door. He stepped inside after locking it behind him.