Chapter 44

HYUNGGGGGG YOONGI HYUNGGGGG", Jungkook screamed while running through the paddy field occasionally falling down as the path was slippery as it started raining slightly. "Jungkook? What happened?", Yoongi asked coming out of the rest house in worry after hearing Jungkook's loud voice. "There.. there.. there..", Jungkook said pointing through the west direction by holding his biceps. Yoongi looked at Jungkook then in the direction. "I.. I.. ahhhh.. hyung. There is someone..oh god. I.. I touched it.. hand.. a hand.", Jungkook shuttered visibly shaking wiping his hand again and again on his hanbok. "What are you saying, Jungkook?", Yoongi asked checking Jungkook's dress which is covered with mud and soil. "Did you fall down?", Yoongi asked. Jungkook nodded. "Hyung, there is someone.", Jungkook said gulping his saliva. "Where?", Yoongi asked. "That rock, the place where I went to collect strawberries.", Jungkook said. "Come. Let's check then.", Yoongi said walking ahead. "No hyung. I.. I am afraid.", Jungkook said shaking his head moving back. "I am here. Come.", he said and ran ahead holding Jungkook's hand.

"Master? What happened? Where are you running to?", a man in early 50s, among a group of other villagers asked after seeing Jungkook's worn out look and worried Yoongi running towards west, as they crossed the path near the field. "Didn't know, Jungkook saw something and was scared. So I thought to check it.", Yoongi said and walked fast. "Oh, we will also come then.", Yoongi nodded and they also ran behind them to the place where Jungkook is instructing them.

After fifteen minutes of running through the trees, bushes and wild plants, they stood near the same place. "There.", Jungkook pointed towards the mossy rock with his shivering hand and scary eyes. Yoongi and others looked towards it only to get their breath knocked out after seeing a hand peeking out from the bushes. "Wh..what is that?", Yoongi shuttered while visibly gulping down. "Let's check.", one of the villagers said and started climbing the rock along with two more people. "give me the fire stick.", one among them said. The other person handed over him the fire stick. He bent a little and moved the dry leaves from the body before keeping the fire stick near the head of the body. He looked at the other two people standing in front of him with a scared gaze and then turned the person who was laying lifeless on the stomach inside those bushes, on the muddy wet land. As the face came into light, all of their eyes grew larger and frightened. They looked at Yoongi, Jungkook and the other two villagers standing down. "M..ma..master..  Gr..great Kim.", the person shuttered badly in a low shivering voice. "Mm?", Yoongi asked in confusion. "It's.. it's Gr..Great Kim.", the other person confirmed after checking the body once again which is laying, eaten by worms and insects. "Wha..wha?", Jungkook couldn't complete the question as he fainted. Yoongi caught him immediately before he could fall on the ground. "Ask.. ask more people to come. Go and inform the police station fast. I will get Jungkook home.", Yoongi said before carrying Jungkook in bridal style and rushed to his home.

Yoongi hasted towards Jeons with Jungkook. "What.. what happened to my son?", Mrs Jeon asked crying when he saw Yoongi laying an unconscious Jungkook on the sitout. "Bring some water first.", he said. Jimin who was coming from inside after hearing Mrs Jeon cry immediately turned and went inside and came back with water. "Hyung, what happened to him?", Jimin asked sitting near Jungkook with a worried gaze. "Bun.. my son. Yoongiya what happened? Why is he not opening the eyes?", Mrs Jeon wailed taking Jungkook's head on her lap while Yoongi sprayed some water on his face. "Jungkook.. Jungkook.", he called by tapping his cheeks. "What happened?", grandma asked seeing everyone and Jungkook, who is laying on the middle unconsciously. "He was scared. We.. we.. found the body of.. mm.. Gr..great Kim.", Yoongi said in a low voice looking at each of their faces. "What?", Mrs Jeon whispered as her confused gaze moved between Yoongi and grandma. "He found Great Kim while picking wild strawberries in the western part of the wood.", Yoongi said. "N.nn..n..no.. d..do..don't.. don't.. k..ki..kill..m.mmme.", all of them looked at Jungkook's face who is mumbling something while shivering badly. "Bun.. Jungkook.. open your eyes. Baby..", Mrs Jeon called Jungkook tapping his cheeks. Grandma immediately took his toes and started rubbing it while Jimin started rubbing his palms. "Jungkook.. Jungkook.", Yoongi called him shaking. "NOOOOOOOO", Jungkook jerked and sat up immediately shivering and shaking. "Jungkook. Baby. It's okay. See we are here. It's.. it's nothing.", Mrs Jeon immediately hugged him by caressing his head. Jungkook wailed loudly hugging his mom for his dear life. "I.. I.. I.. t..touc..touched it.. mom. The c..co.cold li..lifeless b..body.", Jungkook shuttered gripping her dress tightly shrinking inside hands snuggling to her chest. Jimin looked at Jungkook then at Yoongi bewildered. Yoongi nodded slightly confirming it. "Wi..will.. will he kill me, mom? Taehyungie hyung, will.. will he take him away from me?", Jungkook asked in a barely audible voice. "No bun. Nobody will do anything to you. See we are here. Look, you are with us. Nobody will take Taehyung away from you.", Mrs Jeon said kissing his forehead. "When will Taehyung come?", Yoongi asked. "They might reach here in one hour. But I don't know the exact time.", Jimin said. "Okay, tell them to come to station once they reached. I have to go and do the proceedings.", Yoongi said after he stood up. "Jungkook. Don't be scared. It's nothing. I know it's not easy to forget what you saw but don't keep thinking about it. As mom said, we are here. Okay? And grandma, you have to come to station alone with Taehyung to confirm the body.", Yoongi said. Grandma nodded blankly. "Grandma.", Jimin called her softly and walked to her and took her hand in his. "I am okay Jimina. I am perfectly fine.", she said and smiled a little.