Chapter 49

That night, Jungkook couldn't close his eyes for a second even though he was wrapped in Taehyung's warmth. He laid there in Taehyung's hand listening to Yoongi's song that was coming far away from them. Yoongi sang for him till the first chirping of the morning bird was heard. Jungkook turned his head and looked at the window where the first rays of morning sun spread the room through that sheer window. One thing Jungkook confirmed that night was Yoongi hyung didn't go anywhere. To go somewhere, Yoongi was never from any country or any other village, this village, Vance is his homevillage.

Jungkook slowly unwrapped Taehyung's hand from his waist and went to the bathroom. After completing a quick morning routine, Jungkook stepped down the stair in search of grandma. "Mom. Did you see grandma?", he asked his mom, who was fetching water to prepare their breakfast. "Jungkook? Why did you wake up this early, son? You could have slept for some more hours. It's not even morning yet.", Mrs Jeon asked. "I was not feeling sleepy, mom. Tell me where is grandma? I searched her room. She is not there.", Jungkook said. "There. She is picking flowers and is cleaning the outdoor courtyard.", Mrs Jeon said pointing outside. "Okay", Jungkook hopped outside.

"Grandma.", he called her, who is standing in the middle of Jasmine's garden with a small basket. "Bun, why are you awake this early? Go inside. It's too cold outside.", she said gesturing to him to go back. "No. Grandma. I don't want to sleep anymore.", he pouted. "Haha. Isn't my tiger giving you the warmth to sleep.", grandma asked. Jungkook smiled. "A lot.", Jungkook said blushing and sat on the steps of the courtyard. Grandma went to him with the basket and sat near him. "Grandma", he called her after laying his head on her lap. Grandma hummed threading his long hair. "Tell me that story again.", he said. "Which story?", grandma asked in confusion. "The story of the boy who lost his life fighting for love.", Jungkook said laying straight on that wooden floor. "Haha. Your husband will kick me out if he hears it again.", grandma said. "Haha. No one will kick you out grandma. We can cage that tiger if he does that.", Jungkook said laughing. "Mm.. please tell me that story.", Jungkook said laying comfortably on her lap. "Mmm. Once upon a time..", Grandma began.

"Once upon a time, there lived a boy here in this village of Vance. His father was a farmer and his mom was a maid. Both of them worked for the 'Kim' family who was ruling this village of Vance at that time. His mom used to work in their huge and gigantic mansion. As in younger age itself, his mom used to carry him to the mansion when she comes to work, because they didn't have anyone else in their home to take care of that small kid, because his father will be in the field almost all day and she will be in the mansion. So we can say, he literally grew up in the kitchen and the courtyard of Kim Mansion. Since they belong to a low class and poor family, they were not allowed even to come in front of Kim's, who hold the upper class of the society.

Years passed, the boy grew up into a handsome young man. When he becomes an age to work, he started working in the mansion along with his mom. He does all the outdoor work, from wood cutting to carrying crops and stocking it in the warehouse. Everyday he comes to Mansion with his mom and in the evening will return to their small hut. Even though, Money was scarce in their life, in that small hut, their small family was filled with happiness and love abundantly. He was pampered by his mom and dad to utmost.

Everything was going as usual, till one day, his eyes fell on the window of the eastern wing. It was a fine afternoon, he was removing husks from the corn heaped on the ground by sitting on a small palm leaf. While he wiped the sweat from his forehead, his eyes flicked from the yellow corn he was holding and landed it on the first floor of the mansion, to be specific on the wooden window. Until that day, he never noticed if that window was opened or closed, but that day what caught his eyes was the hem of that pastel pink hanfu floating in the breeze. He bent a little down to see what it was or whom it was because his vision was blocked by the branches of the mango tree which was leaning towards that window. He pouted without being able to see what it was, so he crawled a little forward and tilted his head only to gasp. He never expected to see such a beauty sitting near the window, combing his long hair. 'Pretty', that was the first word that slipped out of his tongue. He bent a little more forward, to see that person more clearly. And there, he saw the most beautiful boy, he has ever seen in his entire life, perfect curvy eyebrows, oceanic blue eyes that hold the depth of a sea, cute buttoned nose with a little pink hue on the tip of it, puffy cheeks which was adorned with cute little dimples, thin little pink lips and a sharp and perfect cut jawline. He wiped his face when he saw that soft smooth silky hair which that pretty boy was combing ruffled and fell on his face when the wind blew a little harder. He smiled a little, when he saw that cute little pout that formed on that pretty boy's lips which seemed like he was complaining about the wind that spoiled his hair. The boy was brought back from his trance by his mom's voice, as it was the time for them to go home. The boy nodded at his mom and walked to her. But before that, he again looked back at the person sitting near the window. That night, he couldn't sleep. The pretty boy whom he saw in that eastern wing, near that window, like a locked golden bird, wrecked his heart and mind completely.