Chapter 26

Another sleepless night, Jungkook's hopeless eyes were staring at that old vintage gate since the morning. He saw the watchman walking to and forth in front of it and a few maids walked from the warehouse to the main mansion. He signed and looked at his palm, then at his ring finger which is adorned with that emerald ring. He caressed it with a soft smile. "Taehyungie Hyung, my feet are restless. I wanted to run towards you.. to your hands.. but I.. I.. don't know how.. I am not finding a way out. I feel every second is passing like a year, hyung. All I can think and wish for is being in your embrace.", Jungkook said to no one. "Do you.. do you think the seeds which we sow have germinated? It's been three weeks, right? Or four? I.. I don't know.", Jungkook said and looked back at the gate. "It was raining the last two days, hyung. I really missed you when the smell of that wet soil hit my nostrils. It.. it reminds me of you.", Jungkook wiped his eyes. "Hyung.. my.. my waiting is worth it, right? You are alive somewhere? Mm.. Yes. You are. You must be. We have not yet started our life together. You know, I am still too young to be a widow.", Jungkook chuckled through tears. "I wanted to live, hyung as long as god decides to take my life back. I want to live my whole life with you, as your husband, mm.. then as the mother of your kids, then as the grandmother of their kids. Haha.. We.. We will walk around the fields, gardens, and market hand in hand.", Jungkook said smiling and hiding his face with his palms. "How long are you planning to live, Jungkookie?", Jungkook flinched a little when he heard another voice. He immediately turned and looked but didn't find anyone. He stood up from the window seat and rushed towards the door and leaned forward keeping his ear on the door. He waited for a minute longer, intensively listening if he could hear any hasty steps or murmuring from the other side, but no. All he received was utter silence. He hurried back to the room and bent down to check under the cot then ran to the shelf, once he found no one under the cot. He opened each door of the shelf with shining teary eyes which hold nothing but expectation.. expecting to see someone hiding inside it, but again didn't see anyone. He roamed his impatient gaze all around the room but pouted when he saw the room is still hollow like his mind. "He.. Here.", Jungkook turned and ran to the other window when he heard the same sound again. "Hyung? Hyung.. Jiminie hyung?", Jungkook's eyes grew bigger in enthusiasm and happiness. He held Jimin's hands which are tightly gripping the wooden window rail. "Jungkookie..", Jimin smiled looking at Jungkook. "Where were you all these days? Hyung? Hobi hyung?", Jungkook asked desperately. "Hobi hyung can walk now. We are at your home. They.. they shut hyung's shop, burned your father's field, nobody.. nobody is daring to call them out. Your dad. All he could do was cry pathetically.", Jimin said and wiped his eyes harshly but wheezed when his leg slipped from the wooden trail he was standing. "Hyung..", Jungkook caught his hand tightly. Jimin gripped the window with his both hands and pulled up again to stand on that wooden beading on the outer wall. "Taehyungie Hyung?", Jungkook asked hiccuping. Jimin shook his head. "M..m..means?", Jungkook shuttered with red swollen eyes as the tears fell from the corner of their eyes constantly. "I went to his room first before coming here. But.. but I couldn't find him.", Jimin said. "Yo..you are kidding me, right hyung?", Jungkook asked smiling. Jimin shook his head negatively. "Then.. then where will he go?", Jungkook asked with a worried gaze. Jimin stood there silently. "He.. he must be safe, right hyung? My Taehyungie Hyung will be safe if not here then.. then somewhere else. He.. he will definitely come for me. Yes, he will come.", Jungkook said in assurance. "He will definitely be for you, Jungkookie.", Jimin said smiling. "I.. I should go now before someone sees me. I was anxious thinking about you. Not only me but also others, mom, dad and hyung. So I couldn't hold back more other than to sneak here. I will come some day later to you.. mm??? All I needed was to have a glimpse of you and I got that. Now I can breathe at last after knowing at least you are breathing. Don't worry too much. Okay? Take care of yourself. Don't stay on an empty stomach worrying about us. Mmm. Everything will be alright. If not here inside these four walls, always remember we are for you, with you. Ah?? I will find a way to be out of this loop. Stay strong till then.", Jimin said caressing Jungkook's damp cheeks smiling. "After all, you have to live long, right? As Taehyungie's everything.", Jimin said wiggling his eyebrows. Jungkook smiled seeing that and nodded his boba head adorably. Jimin nodded before jumping down and immediately hide behind the nearest tree. He turned around and after making sure that nobody is watching him, he ran to the tree that is leaning towards the compound wall. He once again checked the surrounding and climbed the tree before jumping off from the compound wall. Jungkook watched everything with his blurry vision and leaned his back on the nearest wall.

"Taehyungie Hyung. Ca.. can you hear me? I didn't know a day like this would come for us. I.. I never knew such dark and stormy days are waiting for us when all I saw was sunshine.. that day.. wh.. when you held my hands in yours securely.. when w.. we stepped out of this hade. Oh god.. how can I be blind as a bat..", Jungkook keened while sitting on the floor. If.. If I.. I.. knew it early then I would have said this to you on that day.. on that night when you draped me in your fervor. Now, I.. I feel like getting stabbed in my heart, hyung, every second.. every second when I am away from you, I feel like some butcher dragging their knife on my neck after consoling me saying there is a better afterlife. I feel like I am drowning into endless depth of a briny deep. I wanted to scream.. paddle up.. but.. I.. I couldn't as this cleft is suffocating me. Sometimes I feel like killing myself but.. but more than that I.. I wanted to survive.. I wanted to live with you. Hyung.. if.. if this pain.. this loneliness.. this heartbreak is what we call as love.. then.. then I am loving you.. endlessly.. sorely.. I want to live with you hyung till death part us.", Jungkook wailed aloud. He needs this night to vent out all his stacked up emotions, sadness. He threw himself on that frigid wooden floor gripping his chest tightly as all he could do was to cry.. to whimper.. till the silence of that night drowned in his mourns.

He laid straight on his back looking blankly at the moon once he felt no tears are left for him to shed. He smiled softly with the glistering eyes. "Can't.. can't you show me a way out of this abyss? Ah? Can't you bless me at least this time? After all I have done all those rituals sacredly and sincerely in the past. Why are been unfair to me?", Jungkook grumbled gazing at the moon which is lightening the brightest at that night. "I know you are mocking me. I know you are laughing by seeing my misery.", Jungkook whined and turned to lay on his stomach. He extended his hand forward eyeing his ring finger. "Are you also missing me the way I am missing you?", Jungkook asked caressing the greenish stone. "Do you know how eagerly I am waiting for you?", Jungkook asked by swinging his legs up and down. He sat up and straighten his jacket before standing up. He walked to the mirror and stood in front of it. He touched his hair which has become longer than last time. He collected all the scattered hair and tied it to a bun and caressing his face with his finger tips. He wetted his lips with his tongue and stood there staring at his reflection.

~
In the other part of the mansion, a restless soul is limping back and forth the room holding his hips. He banged on the locked door numerous times. But neither it got opened nor anyone came to check. He gripped the window staring at the moon and groaned his anger and pain. "LEAVE ME MORONS, RATHER THAN TYING ME UP HERE. AHHHHH...", Taehyung shouted breathing heavily. He took the glass tumbler kept on the table and slammed it on the floor but immediately whimpered when the healing stitches stretched. He sat on the bed holding the headboard and breathed heavily to endure the deadly pain which only reminds him how deep the cut is, how deep the grievance is. He laid on the bed gently holding his hip with one hand. He signed softly stretching his legs. He looked at the wooden ceiling blankly. "Are you sleeping? I.. I couldn't sleep Jungkook. You.. you spoiled me this far as I am craving your embrace to sleep at night. I need your head on my chest, your dainty hands wrapped around my naked chest, you slender fingers threading my locks as I sniff your sweet and flowery scent to fall asleep. I am missing you badly. How.. how could you do that, Jungkook? How could you make me crazy for you , that you even left me sleepless. Mmm.. if I ended up having dark circles around my eyes, you are the sole reason for that.", Taehyung accused and smiled when he remembered the pouty face of Jungkook. "Do you know how I felt when I saw you for the first time standing in that dining hall with a flower crown adorned on your head? I.. I felt like flying away and hid somewhere after picking you up. I wanted to caress that powdered baby cheeks of yours and squeeze it little only to form an adorable pout on your rosy lips. Ahhh.. I felt like running my nose on your jawline and to hide under your crook of the neck.", Taehyung said to himself smiling. "You.. you are wrapping me around in your pinky finger, Jungkook. All I wish.. all I think is to run to you and bury my face on that puddle of your lap.", Taehyung caressed his bare chest with his one hand and kept the other below his head. "Don't stress too much Jungkook. Wherever you are I will find you, I will take you with me.", Taehyung said and closed his eyes once to feel that plumpy tiny lips on his boxy once. He smiled memorising how Jungkook kissed him innocently and messily, how he used to nibble on his lips, how he used to encircle his hands on his neck, grasping it tightly like his whole existence depends on that whenever he kiss him passionately.

...to be continued...