The Letter

I do not own H2O: Just Add Water or any of the characters.

Chapter 3: The Letter

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Before they begin their conversation from earlier once again, Charlotte walks up to the group. Instead of saying hello, she steps towards Cleo and accuses her. "You did this, didn't you? We are all here because of something you did, isn't it? How did we get here? Why are you doing this to us? Why are you doing this to me?" Anger and fear can be seen all over her face, finger pointed at Cleo, glaring at the brunette, demanding an answer. Unable to answer, knowing that she might accidentally give the truth away, Emma gets up from her seat, and steps in for her. "Charlotte," she says, putting a hand gently onto her shoulder, tilting her head towards the brunette, "Cleo wouldn't do anything like this. I know this might seem a little weird, but I am sure that whatever happened was a complete accident. We will get to the bottom of this and get out of here soon. Right, Cleo?" She gives Charlotte a reassuring smile. The girl in question slowly nods her head, relieved that her friend stepped in for her. "Right."

Charlotte looks around at Cleo and Emma, then closes her eyes, taking a deep breath. Opening her eyes again, she faces Cleo. "Okay. Cleo, I am sorry for putting you on the spot. I guess the stress is getting to me." Cleo eventually gives her a small smile and accepts the apology. Lewis jumps in between the two girls. "Alright, uh, Charlotte? Why don't we go back to your mother, she might be worried about you." Charlotte agrees, smiling and hugging Lewis, then walks together with him to find her mother, with Lewis looking at Cleo with a sad smile.

Rikki, who is tired of all the drama, claps her hands together to get the other two mermaids' attention. Once they look at her, she finally voices her opinion. "Okay. Enough of, whatever that was. Let's get back to the situation here. Look," looking down, putting her hands in her pockets, she steps towards her two best friends and speaks softly. "I think we all know there is no way we can get out of here, without our secret being revealed." The two girls look at her, worried about what their future will be like with other people knowing. "We can't fight a full moon-powered wish. But who knows, maybe everything will turn out okay." Shrugging, she continues on, "If this is how it is going to go down, then I guess we are just going to have to accept it. Besides, if we are going to be exposed to an entire room, I am kind of glad I'm not going through this alone, because you two are here together with me," she then looks at Cleo, "and Lewis too, unfortunately." They both laugh a little at this statement.

"We are in this, together." Putting her hand out in front of them, Rikki looks at them both, with a small, sad, yet caring smile. "Together?" Cleo looks at her, sharing the exact same smile, and puts forth her hand on top of Rikki's. "Together." They both turn towards the last mermaid, giving her a questioning look as if asking 'are you in?' Sighing, she gives in to their teamwork, a nervous smile along with them, and walks towards them putting her hand in. "Together," Emma says. Separating, they look at each other, tears forming, hugging; thinking that this might quite possibly be their last time together after this.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Meanwhile, the others in the room are too distracted with their own groups: Bella, Ash, Will, and Sam are in a group since everyone else seems to know other people around while they are left alone, getting to know one another. Denman is continuing her discussion with Mrs. Chatham who is now seated, with Max joining them right beside her, happy to see an old friend. Lewis is with Charlotte and her mother, Annette, trying to calm the older woman down; while the Sertori's, the Gilbert's, the Bennett's, Terry, and Bev are in one huge group discussing what they were doing before the blue light appeared in their households, checking for any exits, unfortunately with no luck.

Elliot is with his mom and dad with Kim standing next to him. He tries to have a conversation with her, hoping to be closer friends with Kim, however, she ignores him, in her own world staring at Cleo, with a look of pure anger in her eyes. Eventually, he decides to leave the large group and look around for any clues on how to get out of there. After searching the seating area and behind the doors located for the dorms and the buffet, he goes up to the screen to get a closer look at it and stumbles upon a small wooden box located on the floor, hidden within the shadows. "Dad! Come here, I found something," he shouts, picking up the box, and everyone around him who heard comes closer, curious as to what the young boy has found.

Neil rushes ahead of the oncoming group and heads towards his youngest, who gives him the box. Taking the box, he opens it up to discover an envelope and a remote. Everyone looks at it questioningly, until Neil opens the envelope, finding a letter inside, and reads the letter loud enough for everyone to hear:

A wish filled with an emotional fight,

powered by the full moon's light.

A wish to know the truth,

will start from the adventurer's youth.

A wish that will come true,

to discover what is hiding under the blue.

A wish that will change views forever,

and will hopefully bring you closer together.

As soon as he finished reading the letter, everyone begins to fill with worry. What did it mean? Although most people did not understand it, they do know one thing: that they cannot leave until they see this truth.

After talking to another minute on what the letter could mean, everyone (except for the mermaids, who stayed quiet to keep suspicions off them) agreed to sit down and watch the truth unfold before them. Everyone begins to take their seats.

Right before the girls were fixing to take their seats, they feel a tingling connection. As they look around, they notice a girl around their age staring at them from below: Bella. This connection almost feels, magical. But it couldn't be, right? Rikki breaks the awkward stare-down. "What are you looking at?" she snaps. "Nothing," Bella shyly replies, shaking her head, and sits down, the girls doing the same. After everyone calms down and settles in their new seats, Don stands from his spot.

"Okay, is everyone ready?" Don yells. Everyone nods their heads, except for the girls. Noticing this, Neil gives Emma a questioning glance, "Emma, are you ready?". She looks over to her friends; friends who were like sisters to her. Hesitantly, they nod their heads. Taking each other's hand, squeezing for reassurance, Emma looks over to her dad and nods. "Alright, let's get this over with," Don says. He sits down in his seat. Neil points the remote towards the screen, fear increasing in the room, as for it is unknown to most about what is soon to be shown, and presses play.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Seat Placement:

First Row-Lisa, Elliot, Neal, Kim, Don, Sam, Bev, Terry

Second Row-Emma, Rikki, Cleo, Lewis, Zane, Ash

Third Row-Annette, Charlotte, Bella, Will

Fourth Row-Mrs. Chatham, Max, Dr. Denman, Harrison