Control (Part 1)

I do not own H2O: Just Add Water or any of the characters.

Chapter 66: Control (part 1)

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[A few days after the full moon, the girls and Lewis saw themselves at school yet again for another school year now that their summer was over. Students and fellow classmates continue about their day, walking down halls, kicking soccer balls, and chatting with their friends. Cleo walks around the corner on the sidewalk to go across the campus yard when she spots a sprinkler going off in the grass nearby. She pauses in her stride as the sprinkler threatens her with its spray, worrying Cleo that she might get exposed.]

"It's the middle of the day. Why would they turn the sprinklers on now when there are students walking everywhere? They could get wet!" Lisa complained. "Like a certain few who really don't need to," Neil added to his wife's comment, looking at the girls. "Luckily, they didn't have to worry about that. The sprinkler system had another victim in mind," Charlotte chuckled, Cleo grimaced as she remembered that afternoon quite well.

[The brunette does a quick glance around to make sure no one was looking before holding her hand up to her side and twisting it in an attempt to use her old powers.]

"Uh, Cleo. I really don't think that's a good idea," Rikki grimaced, knowing how much the girl missed her old power and that it could go haywire if not under control. Especially around other people, as they had witnessed in the last episode. "Tell that to the onscreen me," Cleo rolled her eyes. "I did. She won't listen," Rikki quipped.

"You still don't have control over your powers, do you?" Sam asked. "If I did, would I be losing a fight to a sprinkler?" Cleo grumbled. "Yes," Kim said in a deadpanned tone.

[The sprinkler spats around for a second as Cleo tries to keep it under control, when a sudden burst of wind picks up, causing a frown on her face. The sprinkler suddenly twists around from her wind and sprays a very familiar red-headed girl, her head down as she walked nearby reading her class schedule. The redhead shrieks from shock as she gets covered in water from the sprinkler, her papers tossed into the air from the oncoming water.]

"Wait? Isn't that you?" Ash asked, looking at Charlotte. "Yep. My first day at a new school," Charlotte said with a slanted grin. "Heck of a way to start a first day," Zane chuckled.

"Yikes, that's a great first impression," Will grimaced.

"Cleo!" Bev scolded. "It was an accident!" Cleo remarked, quickly turning to the redhead. "Charlotte, I am so sorry." "It's okay, Cleo, it dried out. And I know you didn't mean to do it intentionally, like you said, you couldn't control it," Charlotte chuckled, shaking her head. "Still, I shouldn't have tried," Cleo responded, feeling guilty. "But the only way to control it is by trying," Bella informed. "Maybe not in a public place, but you still need to practice your powers."

"I can't believe you just did that," Rikki barked with laughter, out of shock. "Rikki!" Terry shushed her, not wanting the teenager to feel embarrassed. "It was funny now that I can see it from a different perspective," Charlotte laughed.

"You didn't tell us about that," Emma frowned. "It wasn't my proudest moment," Cleo flushed red with embarrassment.

"Charlotte? You didn't tell me about this either," Annette turned to her daughter, feeling bad for her. "Well at the time I didn't know how it happened. I had thought the wind did that; I didn't realize it was her. But she didn't mean to. And besides, it dried off and she had already apologized anyway," Charlotte explained. "But if you didn't know it was her, then why would she apologize?" Kim squinted in confusion. "You're about to find out," Charlotte laughed, pointing to the startled onscreen Cleo.