Pool Party (Part 2)

I do not own H2O: Just Add Water or any of the characters.

Chapter 7: Pool Party (part 2)

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[The next morning, Emma's at home eating cereal, when her parents come back from jogging, heading upstairs when they notice her.]

Lisa: sighs. "Are you sure you can afford to miss training again?"

No, but it's not like I had a choice, Emma thinks.

Neil: "Aren't the regionals coming up?"

Lisa: "You trained when you had the flu. Even when you broke your wrist, you swam with one arm."

"The flu? Broken wrist? And you still swam? Were you even human?" Will says, surprised. "I was," Emma says, arms crossed glaring. "Oh. Sorry," he shrinks back.

"I know I'm not in that sort of field, but that sounds very risky," Denman says, causing Emma's anger to boil even more.

Neil: "If she's that bad, maybe she should see a doctor."

Emma: "I don't need a doctor."

"Maybe a therapist," Rikki muttered.

[Neil walks upstairs, while Lisa heads back down into the kitchen to talk with Emma.]

Lisa: "Sweetheart, you have been spending an awful lot of time in your bedroom lately, and locked up in the bathroom. Is there anything we need to talk about?"

"Yes!" Lisa and Neil yell, shocking Elliot wondering why.

Emma: "It's nothing." Looks down, eating her cereal again.

"You call turning into a fish, nothing?" Ash jokes, causing Emma to smile a little.

Lisa: leans in closer. "It's alright to feel moody, yeah?" Emma rolls her eyes, lowering her bowl, realizing where this conversation is going. "You're at an age where you're going through a lot of changes –."

Emma: "Exactly mom. You got it in one." grabs her food and juice, leaving the bar, making Lisa wondering about what was going on with her.

Emma immediately turns red, everyone else laughing, understand where Lisa was going with that conversation. "Sorry darling," Lisa says wincing, not meaning to embarrass her daughter in front of everyone.

"Well, she was going through some changes, just not the changes you were thinking of," Bev says chuckling to her old friend, who shakes her head in return.

"What's she talking about?" Elliot asks. "Nothing!" Emma says quickly, still red.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[Cleo is in her bathroom, on the phone with a shower cap on and gloves.]

"Oh no," she says, flinging her hands to her eyes to keep from watching, her turn to get embarrassed. "Cleo? Why are you wearing that?" Kim asks confused. "I was testing something," she says hesitantly.

Cleo: "Hi, Miriam. I was just calling to let you know that I'll definitely be at your party. Probably. Well, I just thought I'd let you know. What will I be wearing?" shows her wearing a wetsuit standing in the tub. "Something appropriate." Hangs up.

Laughter once again goes around. "Something appropriate, huh?" Rikki laughs. Cleo grows even more embarrassed by the second.

[Cleo grabs the bucket of water next to the tub. Preparing herself, she watches the clock until there are ten seconds left.]