The Big Chill (Part 1)

I do not own H2O: Just Add Water or any of the characters.

Chapter 36: The Big Chill (part 1)

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[Everyone sits around the Juicenet, hanging around and having a fun time with friends both inside and out. Emma walks up to one table of four, wearing her new Juicenet Café uniform with a notepad and pen as part of her new job.]

Emma: to the customers at the table. "That'll be four minutes and thirty seconds, approximately." They both nod and she walks off to the counter.

"Till what?" Will asked. "That was how long until their order was ready," Emma explained.

"Are you working there now?" Ash asked, noticing her uniform and apron. "Yup. I believe I was there for a couple of weeks up till then. It's been almost a year now since I've started," Emma mentioned, remembering her first day there. "That's great. You seem like you would be a good manager." Emma blushed at his remark; she really hoped she would get the managing position Wilfred has been talking about.

"Did you apply for the job just because I tried to make a deal with him?" Lewis asked, raising an eyebrow. "Actually, he offered me a job after you left. Said that I knew how to manage stuff well and was friendly to customers," Emma grinned. "You weren't the only one who needed money."

Wilfred: on the other side of the counter, watching her. "Need a hand?"

Emma: "Um, no thanks. Everything's under control." She walks around the counter, meeting him at the end of it. "Table six wants one orange and pineapple juice, one low-fat mango smoothie, and a soy-banana shake, with a bendy straw." She puts the small notepad down and grabs two cups, beginning to make their drinks as she heads for the blenders.

"Impressive," Annette nodded in approval. She always appreciated hard work, especially in restaurants.

"Isn't that something you were trying to avoid? Jobs that involve risks? What if you get water on yourself?" Denman questioned with a hint of bitterness in her tone. She's doing this when she was arguing that they shouldn't earlier. So hypocritical.

"Well like Cleo pointed out earlier, we can't run from every drop of water we see. Sooner or later, we have to face our fear. I knew the risk that was to come from taking that job, and I was being careful with it. I haven't spilt a drink yet," Emma proudly admitted. "What about that time when-?" Rikki was about to ask but Emma cut her off with a hiss, slicing her hand at her neck. "Miriam doesn't count. She deserved it for trying to ruin my job," she muttered.

Charlotte felt a shiver run up her spine at those words once again. 'Sooner or later, we have to face our fear.' What about her? Will she have to face her fear? Can she do it? She definitely didn't want to find that out right now.

Wilfred: nods in approval and walks around the computer side of the counter and leans against it, bracing himself up with his arms. "Emma, I'm really glad I took you on for this job. I wasn't sure about some of your ideas."

Neil smiled, proud that her boss was happy with all her hard work. She deserved the praise. "Good job, Emma. We're proud of you," Lisa smiled.

"Do you get family discounts?" Elliot asked a little hopeful. "Sorry, Elliot, but no," Emma replied. "Bummer," Elliot pouted; Emma laughed.

Emma: "Like alphabetizing the fruit?"

Wilfred: chuckles. "Yeah, and color-coding the juice bottles. But it all works."