Hocus Pocus (Part 2)

I do not own H2O: Just Add Water or any of the characters.

Chapter 73: Hocus Pocus (part 2)

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[Back at the Sertori house, Don sat at the dining table working on his fish finder. He was pressing a tiny reset button with his screwdriver when it makes a beeping noise.]

Don: sighs. "Come on. Work!" Tosses the screwdriver onto the table in frustration.

"What's wrong with your fish finder, mate?" Harrison asked. "Don't know. It just quit working on me all of a sudden. I tried everything! Replace the wires, the reset button, new batteries. Still nothing," Don sighed. "We could've loaned you ours. As much as you have done for Zane during the whole Mako thing, I think we owe you one," Harrison remarked. "Would've let you borrow my boat, but unfortunately it can't hold both your crew and the fish," Zane chuckled.

"Those things can be frustrating. Especially when they quit on ya out of nowhere," Max nodded. "Bummer. Seems like a good one too," Will shook his head. "It was. I haven't even had it for that long and I need it for my work," Don said. Another thing that decided to quit on me.

Cleo: peaks around the kitchen wall to find her dad rubbing his face and sighs. Slowly walks further into the kitchen. "Dad, is everything alright?"

"What kind of question is that, Cleo? Obviously, it wasn't," Rikki said. "You go deal with your fungus problems and I'll deal with mine," Cleo scoffed. "I swear they could be like sisters sometimes," Emma shook her head. "How would you know? You got me," Elliot grinned.

It will be eventually, Don thought. He just had a lot of stress on him. He had to work double shifts, play both parenting roles for his kids, bills, and groceries to get, and now his fish finder wasn't working. He had just hoped something could go right for once. Luckily it did.

Don: lowers his hands and bites his lip. "Yeah." Cleo walks over. "Well, no. Sometimes things just seem to go wrong for no reason."

Cleo: sits next to him and sighs, arms crossed. "I understand. We all do." Raises her eyebrows. "Do you want to talk about it?"

"Cleo, what are you talking about?" Rikki furrowed her eyebrows. "Cleo, I don't think you two are on the same page," Emma listened to her friend's wording and frowned in confusion. For some reason, it didn't sound like Cleo was talking about the fish finder. "Why does it sound like you're talking about something else?" Kim asked skeptical. She's been around her sister enough to know when her tone sounds different and when her mind is on something else. Cleo glanced to the side biting her cheek. "Because I was ... and it turns out so was he."

"Oh, so this is where the misunderstanding comes from," Don chuckled. "What misunderstanding?" Bev asked. Don looked to her then back to the screen. "Nothing. It – it's nothing."

"The best thing about talking it out is you're not alone," Mrs. Chatham said with a small smile.

Don: "Ah! I don't want to bother you with my problems, princess."

Cleo: gives him a small smile. "It's no bother, dad. That's what family's for."

"Then why wasn't I involved in this conversation?" Kim asked. "You were busy getting a shower," Cleo grinned. "Well, if someone didn't hog the bathroom all the time, I could've been involved," Kim scoffed.

"Sometimes it's good to let out your frustration, to talk it out," Sam said. "That's what mom does whenever she wants to talk about her work. It doesn't bother me," Charlotte gave her own mom a small smile. "Our family motto is to always be honest with each other," Lisa said. "Even when you feel like you can't," Neil finished. "Why does that feel like it's directed toward me?" Emma asked. "Because it is," Elliot smiled smugly.