Lovesick (Part 2)

I do not own H2O: Just Add Water or any of the characters.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Chapter 39: Lovesick (Part 2)

[Cleo grabs the ice chests with her gloves on and walks back up to the storage room, having just finished feeding Ronnie when she passes by Zane in the doorway. He had his head in the papers as he read more on the ocean wildlife.]

Cleo: smiles at him as she sees him reading. Climbs up the steps and stands in front of him. "More research?"

"How long was you going with this charade?" Neil frowned, thinking of how it could affect Emma. "Not for long," Zane sighed.

Zane: turns to her, flipping the pages. "Yeah, it's been great. I totally underestimated the intelligence of sea creatures."

"A lot of people do," Max nodded. "Sea creatures are some of the most intelligent beings around," Mrs. Chatham beamed. "Does that include mermaids? Cause I'm not too sure this one is quite bright," Kim joked, earning a glare from Cleo. "For how they're going, I think they're doing quite well intelligence-wise," Will shrugged.

Cleo: puts the ice chests down on a nearby table. "Yeah, well, some sea mammals can be a little too intelligent, if you ask me." Goes back down the steps to grab some lifejackets hanging on the railing.

*cough, cough,* Ronnie," *cough, cough* Cleo said, holding a hand up to her mouth.

Zane: "Whatever. The thing that saved me must have been really smart."

"Ah, and the act is over," Terry sighed. "Lasted longer than I thought it would," Harrison admitted. Lisa patted Neil on the shoulder, trying to stop him from continuing to glare at the younger Bennett.

Cleo: looks at him in surprise. "What?" She drops her shoulders and sighs, walking over to the lifejacket rack on the side of the building and placing them. "Is this about that stupid sea monster thing again, Zane?"

"It took you that long to figure out?" Rikki chuckled. "It surprised me too, Rikki. I should have known better," Cleo remarked.

"You said it like it didn't offend you," Bella commented. Would've hurt her feelings. "He kept talking about it so much, it didn't affect me as bad. Besides, I couldn't give it away that I knew something about it," Cleo explained.

Zane: lowers the papers as Cleo takes her gloves off. "It's not stupid."

Cleo: tosses her gloves aside. "The only reason I got you access to the library was because I thought you wanted to save undiscovered and endangered sea animals."

Zane: taps the papers. "This thing is undiscovered." Cleo grabs her bag and they walk down the sidewalk. "See? Don't you get it?"

"Technically, he's not wrong. It was undiscovered," Denman tilted her head in thought. "And in danger," Lewis muttered, glancing at the doctor. "It might have been undiscovered, but it was still wrong of him to lie," Cleo countered.

Cleo: "You are so devious, Zane."

Zane: "You say that like it's a negative."

"It's been like that for sixteen years now, Cleo. You should know that by now," Zane joked.

"But it was negative," Elliot said. "I was being sarcastic, Elliot," Zane told him.

Cleo: an idea pops in her head. "Hey. What with all your new-found fishing knowledge, what do you know about dolphins?" Crosses her arms.