Party of Four

I do not own H2O: Just Add Water or any of the characters.

Chapter 52: Party of Four

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Rikki walks down the hallway heading for her dorm, having just left her dad back at his just moments ago. There was a smile on her face, one that couldn't be helped. The talk with her dad might've been awkward, but it did calm down a few nerves. She was glad to say that her father approves of Zane. For now, at least.

When she walks into her dorm, she stands in the doorway and watches her roommates. Emma laid on the top bunk as usual while Cleo and Kim stood next to the lower bunk. The two sisters were bickering with one another. With what, she had no clue, but if she had to guess it was most likely about mermaid stuff. Bella sat on the edge of her bed, watching the rest of her roommates with a contemplated look as if she were deciding on what to do.

Emma finally looks up and notices Rikki standing in the doorway, then proceeds to ask her how their talk had gone. "It was alright. Very weird, but otherwise it was okay," Rikki nods then leans against the doorframe. Emma smiles. "I knew it would go well. And it might have been weird, but it needed to be done. I'm gonna have to go through the same thing with my dad once I get a boyfriend. And Cleo went through the same thing, right Cleo?" They turn to the brunette, but they never got an answer as she was too focused on the youngest in the room.

"No, Kim. You saw enough mermaid powers in the other room. I'm exhausted from all of this; now will you please back off?" Cleo says in an exasperated voice. Kim whines then crosses her arms. "Please, Cleo. Just one more time!"

Cleo rolls her eyes and looks at her. "Unless you want another water jet up your nose, I suggest you leave me alone." Kim glares at her but quiets down nonetheless. Then she turns to the blonde mermaid sitting on her bed with a sly grin. "Emma, how about you? I'm sure you would like to test out that new power of yours."

"Nice try, Kim, but the answer is no," Emma says firmly, making the other girl pout.

Bella cuts in, leaning forward on her bedside. "Are you talking about that jelly from last night?" She knew her allergies had affected the glass of water that night. She knew the moment since she sneezed. It wasn't the first time it happened after all. And the girls had shown it to her as well, but she denied it ever being connected to her. As if they would've thought she did it anyway.

"Yeah," Emma nods in confirmation. "... What makes you think it's your power?" Bella says carefully.

Rikki glances her way, wondering if she knew the risky game she was about to play. Emma squints at her then shrugs. "What else could it be? It's closer to my power than it is to either Rikki or Cleo's." Cleo turns to the girl, having taken a break from the famous Sertori glaring contest. "It could be from the full moon but that's the only two options." Bella bites her lip in thought, deciding on whether she should go through with this.

The decision she was going to make could go both ways. Either break her or help her. But one thing was for sure, Mrs. Chatham was right. She needs to let them know; she needs to talk with others about her secret. And this was just the group for it. So, she finally made up her mind. She was going to tell them the truth.

"What if there was a third option? Or a fourth?" Bella suggests, and Rikki seems to pick up on the hint. She perks her head up and looks at the youngest Sertori. "Oh, Kim. I almost forgot; your dad wants to talk with you." The mermaid might not know much about the family situation, but she knew she wouldn't listen if she said it was her mom. But she had to get the girl out of here somewhere. This was for their ears only.