Love Potion #9 (Part 2)

I do not own H2O: Just Add Water or any of the characters.

Chapter 58: Love Potion #9 (part 2)

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[A few minutes later, Lewis sat on the side of the bed, the waterproof spray laying in his hands as he stares at it. Finally, the bathroom door opens, and out walks the girls. Emma, Rikki, and Cleo come out now wearing their new outfits, the ones they were originally going to wear. Emma and Cleo were in dresses, the former wearing a blue flowery dress and Cleo sporting a long purple one. While Rikki stuck to black dance clothes with hints of red. All three of them still wearing their lockets.]

"Wow," Ash whispered. Emma looks amazing.

"That's the Rikki I know," Zane mumbled with a grin. Though she also looked good in her other outfit, this one seemed more, Rikki.

"That is so much better," Bella said with many agreeing. "Felt a lot better too," Rikki added.

"Now I know I recognized that dress," Kim nodded. "Because you saw me wearing it," Cleo said as if it were obvious.

"Beautiful as always," Lisa said, happy to see her daughter look so happy.

Emma: "What do you think?" They stand in front of Lewis, who stands up himself. He throws his hands out, trying to show how he felt: speechless.

Rikki: "Sounds like a compliment to me." Emma and Rikki walk back to the bathroom with bright smiles on their face, leaving Cleo and Lewis alone for a moment.

"Cue the awkwardness," Zane said.

"It better be a compliment," Neil said. He didn't care if Lewis liked Cleo. He should be nice and compliment all of his friends, especially after all the effort Emma put into this dance.

Lewis: "Cleo, I'm so sorry." Cleo steps forward. In the background, Rikki could be seen finishing packing her bag. Lewis gets frustrated with himself. "I just, I just got so caught up in my research. I just, I lost track. And I just – I didn't realize the dance was so soon. I –."

Don's anger from earlier slowly dims as he sighed. At least he apologized.

"Did you get any sleep if you worked so much on your research?" Annette asked a little concerned about him. "Maybe a couple of hours," Lewis shrugged, unsure of the answer. "You should start caring for yourself before trying to finish such a big project like this. You need to care for yourself first, otherwise, everything you worked on would fall apart from lack of self-care," Max explained. "Oh, trust me, I learned that firsthand," Lewis mumbled.

Lewis: huffs. "But, seeing as you're all dressed, I just thought, perhaps you and I – uh, we could – well, I – you and I together, I thought perhaps – uh, this is only if you want to –." Cleo looks at him impatiently, wanting him to just say it, hoping he was trying to ask her to the dance.

"What, did you think I didn't' have a date?" Cleo asked, sounding a little exasperated. "Well, you never mentioned one," Lewis said, sounding a little sheepish. "Probably because I never got a chance. You wouldn't stop rambling on about your research," Cleo shot back.

"Well at least he tried to ask you, unlike someone who refused to," Rikki said, giving Cleo a look. "She did say you should've asked him," Emma pointed out. Cleo huffed in defeat. "It's the same with you, Emma," Rikki turned to her. Lewis looked a little surprised that they were defending him before that was shut down quickly. "Don't give us that look, Lewis. You're guilty too. You should've realized it yourself after the amount of time you were hanging with us, and discussing the dance with us," Emma glared slightly. "Fair enough," Lewis mumbled.