Dangerous Waters (Part 1)

I do not own H2O: Just Add Water or any of the characters.

Chapter 22: Dangerous Waters (part 1)

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[Emma kneels next to the fish tank in Cleo's room, watching the wondrous creatures swim around. She stands up and sits on the bed next to Cleo, who is sniffling and holding a box, crying from the loss of her wonderful pet. Emma wraps an arm around her shoulder. While Rikki sits back in a chair behind them, on her phone.]

Cleo: sniffs and nods. "I guess he was pretty old. But it's still such a shock when it happens."

"What happened?" Lisa asked. "Is everything okay?" Will frowned. "Everything's fine. I just – well, I was upset. My fish, Pluto, died that morning. I was a little emotional," Cleo sighed. "A little?" Kim muttered, earning a warning glare from Bev. "Oh, I'm sorry, Cleo," Annette told her, receiving a small smile from the brunette in return.

Cleo: "I'm sorry. I'm trying to be brave."

Emma: looks at her. "You don't have to, not at a time like this."

Cleo: "All the great times the two of us had together. I can't believe they're over. Poor Pluto." Looks down at the box, getting even more emotional as Emma pulls her closer, giving her a small hug. She lets a shaky breath out. "He was such a good fish."

"He's just a fish," Kim stated. "Kim, he wasn't just a fish. He was my fish. A friend," Cleo said, getting a little sad for having to relive this memory. "You always were the friendly one with sea creatures," Rikki jokingly said, trying to help her feel better.

Rikki: looks over at them, confused, holding up her phone. "How? Like, it was just a fish." Emma glances at her before looking back at Cleo.

"Thank you! My point exactly," Kim huffed, as Cleo rolls her eyes in annoyance. "You just don't understand. I knew him for so long. It was almost as if we had a connection," Cleo said. "Uh, you do have a connection. The tails, remember?" Bella said jokingly, looking over at her.

"I meant before the tails. I knew him longer than that. The tails might have connected me more to the ocean and other sea creatures like the dolphins, but my connection with Pluto was longer than that," Cleo explained. She feels connected to them? Lucky her. I wonder what it would be like to be friends with them. Maybe even dolphins. I wish I could just get over this stupid fear, Charlotte thought, a little jealous of her.

Cleo: "He was loyal. He was honest."

"Loyal? Honest? You sound like you speak to him," Zane frowned, thinking that she was going crazy. "I did. As I said, it was almost as if we had a connection," Cleo grinned. "You can talk to fish?!" Kim yelled. "No. It's more like we can sense them and what they're feeling," Emma corrected.

"Wow. That's insane. Good insane I mean," Will said. "It's not even a power though. It's just like the same way when you can tell your dog, or something is sad or sick. You can just tell," Emma replied. "Well, we are half fish. So, it would make sense for us to be able to have a connection with them," Rikki shrugged.

Bella smiled, knowing what it was like. "Mermaids always did have a bond with the creatures of the sea, especially dolphins. Sounds like their 'connection' got stronger when she became a part of their world," Mrs. Chatham smiled, surprising the others.

Could dolphins be loyal and honest too? Charlotte thought curiously.

I wonder if this what Mrs. Chatham meant about the sea perch during the first full moon, Cleo thought, a smile forming.