Roommates

I do not own H2O: Just Add Water or any of the characters.

Chapter 19: Roommates

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

While Neil and Lisa tuck Elliot into bed and go to sleep in their dorm, in the next room over, Denman lays down in her bed, frowning at the ceiling, her mind overrunning with thoughts. Not about the girls, however, but about Mrs. Chatham. She can't help but think about her: how she acts, how she knows so much about the girls already, how she seems to know every single detail about their powers. And about how she is so strange, so mysterious, yet she seems to have this vibe about her that makes her feel so, friendly, calm. Denman just couldn't understand anything about her. Something about Mrs. Chatham gave her a weird feeling, a good one though, but she just can't figure out why. It was creating havoc in her scientific mind.

Breaking her staring contest with the ceiling, she turns over in her bed, and leans herself up on her elbows, looking at her roommates: Bev, who she found out was Cleo's mother, and Sam, someone who she hasn't met yet until earlier tonight. They both were getting their beds in each corner ready for the night. Looking at them for several seconds, she debates on whether to ask them about the peculiar woman.

Sighing, she decides to finally break the silence. "What do you think about Mrs. Chatham? Does she seem a little, strange to you?"

Bev glances over at her and continues spreading her sheets. "She seems like a nice lady to me. Cleo talked about her all the time. She seems really fond of her and the rest of the girls, she cares about them. And from the looks of what we've seen on the screen, it's clear she already knew about their secret. Sure, she might act a little strange, but she's actually a genuinely nice person."

She finishes making her bed, and gently sits down on it, and looks at the doctor. "I don't know for sure, but it might be from how she lived. I overheard Cleo mention once that she lived on a rusty boat before. Lisa said that they were able to set her up with a nursing home, so hopefully she is in better conditions."

Denman nods then looks over at Sam. "And what about you?" Sam shrugs in response. "I never met her until tonight, but as Bev said, she seems like a nice person. Who knows, maybe we'll learn more about her on that screen." Denman sighs and lies back down. "Maybe."

Bev looks at the other two and stands up, believing that their conversation was over. "Well, goodnight." "Goodnight," Sam mumbles from her bed, as Denman remains quiet. Bev leans over the table and turns the light switch off. Denman attempts to sleep, but she just stares at the darkness that surrounds them, her mind remaining occupied about Mrs. Chatham.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

In a room on the other side of the hall stood a door, labeled for the men who are now getting ready for bed as well: they change into pajamas from the magical closet that somehow has clothes that fit each one of them, brush their teeth in the bathroom, and prepare themselves for a good night sleep. Every one of them, that is, except for Don, who is sitting on his bed, glaring at the floor.

Like Denman, his mind is completely occupied by Mrs. Chatham as well. Unfortunately, his feelings for her are completely different than what the women felt. He felt nothing but anger, worry, and most importantly, fear. He was afraid that she might be planning something against Cleo and her friends. He worried that she might expose them to the world, or even threaten them about the secret. He was angry (or more like jealous) that she acted like she knew so much about them, the secret, everything, yet she would not tell them why. He huffs, continuing to glare at the floor.

Max, who was currently buttoning his pajama shirt, notices his negative attitude and decides to talk to him. "You can keep glaring at the floor all you want, but it's not going to catch fire under your gaze. Well, unless you got superpowers that is." Terry chuckles, overhearing it. "Relax, Don, I don't think she will harm them," Terry says, clearly knowing what the other one was thinking.