Under the Weather (Part 1)

I do not own H2O: Just Add Water or any of the characters.

Chapter 40: Under the Weather (Part 1)

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[It was a cloudy morning on the Gold Coast as thunder echoed outside. The girls were hanging out at Emma's house before school, eating some homemade yogurt that Lisa had made for them and the rest of the family. Rikki pours some into a bowl from the mixer and walks over to the other side of the kitchen where Emma and Cleo were leaning against the counter. Rikki hops onto the counter next to them as the three dig into the delicious homemade yogurt.]

Rikki: to Emma. "Your mom is a kitchen queen."

"Why thank you, Rikki. Though I wouldn't say that," Lisa chuckled, blushing lightly at the comment before it quickly fades as she realized what this day is. "Nonsense mom, your cooking is amazing," Elliot beamed. "It really is significant," Mrs. Chatham said, giving her a genuine smile, which she gratefully returned.

"Uh-oh," Emma said, her face going pale. Rikki rubbed the back of her neck, grimacing at the unfortunate time they're happening to watch.

"Hold on, isn't this the time when you girls faked a sickness?" Neil questioned, having the same thoughts as his wife. "You guys faked being sick? Now I would really like to find out how this goes," Ash chuckled in amusement. "As do I," Neil responded. "We had a good reason for it," Cleo confirmed. "One that I would like to find out as well," Don stated, arms crossed.

Cleo: points at the food with her spoon, looking at Emma. "How does she make this yogurt?"

"It's a family recipe. My mother taught me how to make it when I was younger. I could teach it to you if you'd like," Lisa explained to her. Cleo smiled up at her excitedly. "Really? That would be amazing! I would love to." The two of them smile at each other and turn back to the screen, not noticing a certain person feeling down about not being able to teach her daughter how to cook it herself. She didn't know how to make yogurt of course, but still, it hurt.

Emma: "Who knows? But we've got to get going." Looks at Rikki. "Biology exam today, remember?"

"Ugh, biology. One of my least favorite classes," Cleo scoffed. "I thought you hated history," Kim said. "That one too." "You hate all of your classes, don't you?" Will chuckled. "Definitely."

Rikki: "There's plenty of time for that."

Emma: "I don't want to miss it. I studied all weekend." Walks away from them and around the other end of the counter.

"If you didn't want to miss it, then you should've gone," Kim grinned. "But we couldn't go. And besides, we got to make it up anyway," Emma countered. "Why couldn't you go?" Bella asked. "We had a bit of a, erm, dilemma," Cleo winced, confusing the other mermaid.

"You studied? On a weekend?" Ash looked at her in shock, jaw-dropped. "Yeah, so what?" Ash blinked, then blinked again before finally speaking. "What is wrong with you?!"

Rikki: "So what's the flavor? Is it blueberry, or-?"

"Actually, it was blackberry, but very close," Lisa commented.

Emma: walks into the living room. "You two haven't studied, have you?"

Rikki: "No." Looks over to her as Emma puts on her backpack. "Does it show?"

Cleo: "I only managed twenty minutes. And every minute was agony."

"A waste of twenty minutes. My brain felt fried the entire time," Cleo groaned. "And I couldn't remember a single thing!"