Under the Weather (Part 2)

I do not own H2O: Just Add Water or any of the characters.

Chapter 41: Under the Weather (Part 2)

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[Downstairs, Dr. Holt finishes up a conversation on the house phone with another one of her consultants. Neil and Lisa wait for an answer in the kitchen, leaning against the sink. Elliot waits in the living room, leaning against the wall, playing with the glass of water in his hands.]

Dr. Holt: on the phone. "Thank you." She hangs up the phone and walks into the kitchen, talking to the rest of the household. "The Infectious Disease Unit is sending someone over."

"You got the IDU involved? Ha, this is even more hilarious than I thought," Denman laughed. The girls and a few others look at her a little confused. "IDU?" Kim asked slowly. "It's the Infectious Disease Unit that doctor mentioned. I've been around them a few times, some intelligent folks but they are much too serious to be around," Denman answered. "And if you were faking it and they found out, oh I can't wait for that reaction."

"Just how far were you girls planning to go?" Max asked. "We wanted to stop once the rain ended, but the problem was once we realized we've gone too far we tried to back out of it immediately. Clearly, that didn't work out. We didn't know they were going to contact them," Rikki shrugged.

Lisa: "That sounds serious."

Dr. Holt: "You can never be too careful with something like this. In the meantime, we must all remain calm."

"I think that's a little too careful," Annette said. "That's saying something. You're always over cleaning your restaurant," Charlotte snickered. "Well, when you have a handful of health and food inspectors getting into your business, then you would know how it feels," Annette shook her head in annoyance.

"Seems like the girls were freaked out more than anybody," Don chuckled.

[The doorbell rings and Elliot runs over to see who was at the front door.]

Neil: and Lisa run after him to try and stop him. "Elliot, don't open that!"

Lisa: "Elliot, no! Don't open-." But they were too late. Once they round the corner of the entryway, they find Elliot already has the door wide open, and see that their new unwanted guests were none other than the Sertori's. "Ok, don't, you just-." Bev takes the lead and steps forward, laying her umbrella on the floor. Kim and Don follow in behind her, with the latter holding a large bag. Elliot closes the door behind them. They drop their shoulders in defeat.

"Talk about bad timing," Ash chuckled.

"I'm sorry, mom. I didn't think about the consequences," Elliot said with a sad look. Lisa pats his shoulder. "It's alright, sweetheart. All in all, I think it was a good thing that they were there, Cleo might've needed them."

Bev: straightens up and looks at them. "Thanks for calling, Lisa. I've left a message for Rikki's father, but we all had to come straight over." Gestures to her family, talking quickly, very worried about her daughter.

Cleo couldn't help the small, sad smile that crept up on her face as she tightened her grip on her arms. She was happy that her mom showed concern for her, even for Kim, she showed it when she got the measles. But when her mom left, she wondered if she even still cared about them. When she showed back up yesterday during this whole mess, she still showed the same concern from before. But was it real?

Cleo was going to wish for her mother back, for her family to be normal. She knows she should've been happy that she was back, but all she could feel was pain, anger for leaving them. And who knows how long it was going to be there. And she knows Kim felt the same way. Even though they both wanted her back, for things to be like they used to be.