Catch of the Day (Part 2)

I do not own H2O: Just Add Water or any of the characters.

Chapter 9: Catch of the Day (part 2)

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[Cleo walks onto the docks to her dad's boat, passing the other fishermen that are hanging around on the docks. Don climbs up from the bottom of the boat, into the cabin, when Cleo walks in with her arms crossed, glaring at him.]

Don: "Cleo. Haven't seen you down here for ages. Did you see me on TV? Did I look ok?" He looks at himself. "How about that shark, eh?"

"When was the last time you were down there?" Will asks curiously. "A long time ago. Probably since I was ten? Fear of water can do that to you," Cleo answers.

"You were more worried about how you looked than a shark?" asks Bev, annoyed about this. "Sharks don't scare me. And besides, I needed to look good on camera."

Cleo: shakes her head. "You don't really know what gets caught in your nets, do you?"

"Never got an answer," Don jokes.

Don: "Is this about that turtle thing again?"

Cleo: "Yes."

Don: "Cleo, we use the right nets and we fish in the right places. It's the law, and we don't break it."

"If only Eddie had followed that rule," Cleo sighs. "And only if someone didn't jump into action without thinking," Emma remarks quietly so others won't hear.

Cleo: "I'm really disappointed in you, dad." She turns around and leaves.

Don: watching her leave, he calls out to her. "Cleo!"

Hearing what she says, she immediately apologizes. "I'm so sorry dad. I shouldn't have just accused you without any proof," Cleo says, sounding upset, smacking her forehead. "It's alright, Cleo," Don smiles, leaning forward in his seat to pat her on the back.

[Back on the dock, Cleo passes Eddie, looking at him for a split second before continuing walking. From the doorway, Don shakes his head sadly. Eddie enters the boat from the other doorway, not expecting him.]

Eddie: walks to him. "Boss. Didn't know you were back."

Don: looking down. "It's starting to look like I shouldn't go away."

Eddie: "Sorry I lost half the catch."

Don: looks back up. "Well, no one can predict a shark attack, Eddie. Not even me."

Eddie: confused, he explains some more. "The net was shredded."

Don: nods suspiciously. "Where is that net, Eddie?"

Eddie: "I dumped it. What's the point of keeping a wrecked net?" Don hesitates before nodding and leaves, Eddie watching him.

"That liar!" Kim yells. "I just had to believe him. Wish I would've seen that net," Don sighs. "Well, it's a good thing you didn't," Emma says. "Why?" he asks. "Because you would've known that the tear wasn't from a shark," He nods, realizing that she was right.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[Back at the Juicenet, the girls walk in, heading for their booth, Cleo taking the lead.]

Cleo: "He denied everything. It's really awful." They sit down at the booth, Cleo sitting across from them. "I mean, what could I say? I know your lying, dad, because my mermaid friends saw you fishing close to the nesting beach."