Hook, Line and Sinker (Part 1)

I do not own H2O: Just Add Water or any of the characters.

Chapter 47: Hook, Line and Sinker (part 1)

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[It was a quiet peaceful morning for once at the Sertori house, with no yelling or arguing coming from the siblings. Until Lewis barges through the front door with his fishing gear, excited for the upcoming fishing competition, that is. He yells in excitement once he sees Cleo getting her things together on the couch in the living room.]

Lewis: "Alright. I am psyched. I am pumped. I am ready." Points a finger at Cleo, who was still gathering her things, while holding his gearbox then walks towards her. "You're not. I mean, why aren't you ready?"

"What are you so hyped up about?" Charlotte laughed at his excited expression. "My guess is that it has something to do with fishing. Why else would he have his gear?" Annette implied, noticing the fishing pole and gearbox. "You are correct," Lewis said, pointing towards Mrs. Watsford. "It was our annual fishing tournament at the docks. I look forward to it every year," he sighed happily in remembrance. "Though this year was a bit different."

Cleo: "Sorry."

Lewis: "Cleo, it's the fishing competition. I mean, you and me, we enter every year." Leans his pole against the wall.

"Except this year things have changed. Can't exactly fish without getting wet if I'm a mermaid," Cleo reminded. "Fishhooks give me the creeps anyway," Rikki shuttered slightly. You're not the only one, Bella thought, rubbing her arms. "What are you talking about? We went fishing all the time back then," Terry told her. "And has it ever occurred to you why I suddenly stopped?" Rikki turned to him. "... Okay I see your point," Terry nodded after a moment of thinking.

"I used to enter all the time myself when I was younger. I don't do it for the competition anymore though. It takes all the fun out of it," Max smiled.

Cleo: "I know. I – I'm sorry." Tosses her bag back onto the couch. "I can't."

Lewis: follows her to the kitchen. "Why not? Oh, because your dad's judging this year."

Cleo: goes around the counter and makes herself a sandwich. "No, because fishing equals water, equals the possibility of getting splashed, equals growing a tail, in front of all the contestants."

"Ya see?" Cleo and Rikki said simultaneously. "I heard ya earlier sweetheart," Terry chuckled.

"At least she thought it through this time," Emma joked.

"Congratulations by the way, Don," Neil nodded in acknowledgment. "Thanks. It wasn't easy I tell ya. Especially with that one there," Don pointed to Lewis. "In my defense, I had nothing to do with it," Lewis held his hands up. "Yeah, well we'll see about that because now I'll finally get to find out what happened."

Lewis: shakes his head in disappointment. "The year I finally win, and you're not going to be there."

"What makes you think you're going to win?" Zane scoffed. "Because I did," Lewis said as if it were obvious.

Cleo: "I can still watch. And weren't you going to win last year too?"

"Just from a distance," Cleo said, finishing her sentence.

"Thanks for the words of encouragement, Cleo," Lewis said sarcastically.

"And the year before, and the one after that too," Cleo grinned.