Lovesick (Part 1)

I do not own H20: Just Add Water or any of the characters.

Chapter 38: Lovesick (Part 1)

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[It was a beautiful morning at the marine park as the employees walk down the sidewalk with their bags in hand, heading to their work zone to prepare it for the day to open. Cleo walks amongst them, holding her hand to her mouth as she yawns and lets a small smile form as she continues on.]

"A little tired there, huh Cleo?" Emma teased. "I didn't sleep good that night. But don't worry, I had my coffee," Cleo smiled. "A cup of coffee always does the trick," Don nodded. "Ew, coffee. Yuck," Elliot said with a disgusted look. Lisa and Neil chuckle at his reaction, shaking their heads. Their son never was one to enjoy the taste of it.

[A dolphin swims on the edge of the pools, his fins making ripples in the water as he swims along the small boardwalk which Cleo was walking across.]

"Should you really be walking across that? That's a little too close to the water for my liking," Bev said uncomfortably. "Yeah, Cleo. You're a klutz. You could fall right in," Kim mentioned. Cleo rolled her eyes at her sister's remark but replied to them anyways. "We weren't open yet, so I wasn't too worried about taking risks since there was hardly anyone around at the time. And that was a shortcut to my area, I've taken it a dozen times; I'll be fine ... and I'm not that clumsy!"

[Cleo begins fiddling with her necklace, rubbing the jeweled locket, then begins messing with the latch that goes around her neck. However, it accidentally falls off her neck and drops into the water next to the boardwalk, sinking to the sandy bottom. Cleo looks down at the water in shock and bends down to get a better look. She looks around, making sure the coast was clear as she bites her lip and stands up.]

"See? I told you you're a klutz," Kim said smugly, gesturing to the screen. Cleo sighed and shook her head with a grin. The younger people in the room laugh lightly, finding the sisters' interactions a little humorous.

Max flinched, getting a sudden flashback of when Gracie had thrown her locket into the moonpool that one day. It reminded him so much of that moment. Something that he couldn't take back.

"Wait a second, I know that look," Rikki said, turning to her and squinting her eyes. "What are you planning?" "Nothing," Cleo said so sweetly it almost sounded innocent. But Rikki knows better than that.

[Down below, the dolphin swims toward the strange-looking object until a hand grabs the locket out of the sand and pulls it up. Cleo holds on to it as she aims her hands forward like an arrow and swims away. She turns around at the sound of cackling and sees the dolphin spinning around in the water, clearly wanting to play. She smiles and swims towards it, agreeing to have some fun. They swim along together side by side while Cleo holds onto its fin.]

"Of course you were planning to do that," Rikki sighed.

Bev looked at the screen in shock, surprised she would increase the risk of being seen. I really hope she knows what she's doing.

Don chuckled as he shook his head. "Why am I not surprised? You always were very fond of them."

Kim looked at the interaction giddily, bouncing up and down in her seat. This looked amazing, and it still felt unbelievable. A mermaid and a dolphin swimming together? It was every little girls' dream!

Are you not worried about getting caught?" Sam asked in surprise. "I had a clear view of everything. I would've seen someone come up before they could see me," Cleo explained. "Still, that's very risky."