Metamorphosis (Part 1)

I do not own H2O: Just Add Water or any of the characters.

Chapter 4: Metamorphosis (part 1)

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Right after he pressed play, the screen flickers on with a bright blue glow, like the glow that brought them there, startling a few. Soon it dims down, opening to the first scene.

[A swimming pool comes into view, showing Emma dive in, racing to the other side, touching the wall. Cleo stops the watch and bends over to show Emma her time.]

Oh no, Emma panicked, worried about her family's reaction. Why show that?

Lisa and Neil smile fondly at the sight of their daughter, from when she used to swim competitively, missing those moments. "Oh Emma, you used to swim so much, and you were great at it. What changed? Why did you stop?" Lisa asks.

Emma looks at them sadly, fear hidden in her eyes, knowing that they will soon find out for themselves. "I'm sure you'll see soon, mom," she replies with a nervous tone.

Denman looks at her parents, and then the other mermaids' families. Did they never tell them?

Emma: "Awesome that's point two under my personal best!"

Cleo: "Emma, you were really motoring out there."

Emma: "I'll do better than that tomorrow. Give me two weeks and I'll be ready for regionals."

"You were that determined?" asks Ash, eyebrows raised with surprise.

"Never doubt Emma. She's the best swimmer in the world," Elliot states proudly. Emma smiles thankfully towards her little brother, glad that he sticks up for her.

"I'll take that challenge," says Will happily, up for a bit of competition. Emma quickly shakes her head no, causing Will to look at her confused, turning back to the screen.

Cleo: "So cool."

[Emma dives back underwater while Cleo walks away from the pool.]

"Sounds like someone's jealous," Kim says, teasing her sister, still angry about earlier.

"Be nice, Kim," Bev spoke. Kim looks at her, happy that they are together again, but sad that those are the first words her mother said to her in a while.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[Cleo walks down the docks.]

Zane: Kneeling by the zodiac, he spots Cleo. "Cleo. Hey, Cleo!" When she looks around, he tries again. "Yes, that Cleo."

"Are there any other Cleo's around?" Zane laughs. Cleo rolls her eyes, annoyed.

Zane: "I'm in some trouble here. Can you help?"

Cleo: "I don't think so," nervously, backing away.

"Why not help?" Ash asks, not knowing how much of a troublemaker he was.

"Because when Zane is around, he causes nothing but trouble," Emma explains angrily for Cleo, remembering all the pranks.

Rikki frowns, knowing where this is going since she was there.

Zane: "Come on. Please. My zodiac won't go and all I need you to do is pass me the tools."

"You shouldn't have listened to him," Rikki says, shaking her head.

"Why, what happened?" Bella asks. "Just watch," Cleo says in a huff, embarrassed by what is about to happen.