Bad Moon Rising (Part 1)

I do not own H2O: Just Add Water or any of the characters.

Chapter 42: Bad Moon Rising (Part 1)

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[Zane Bennett lies down, fast asleep in a sun lounge near the pool in the backyard of his house. Zane twitches around, having nightmares from when he was trapped in the Lorelei.]

"Oh great," Zane mumbled, not wanting others to see this. "What's this?" Harrison asked. "Having a nightmare?" Annette assumed. "You could call it that," Zane said, glancing over at the girls.

[He has a sudden flashback of that day; breathing heavily, looking around, diving under as he took his last breath, trying to get the door open; then as he has no strength left, his body gives out and sinks to the floorboard. After hearing a loud bang, he looks over to see a long, orange, scaly tail swimming past the bent open doorway. Zane gasps for air in his sleep, each breath sending a flash of the orange fishtail.]

"You were having nightmares of that day? How come you never spoke about this?" Harrison questioned him, frowning. "Because every time I brought it up or the mermaid thing, you never took it seriously. You wouldn't have believed a word I said," Zane claimed. Harrison winced, knowing that his son was right. His past self never believed him one bit, but everything's changed now. They were closer than they ever were once before.

"Eventually everyone comes to a traumatizing event in their life, it just depends on how they move forward with those events that will set their future," Mrs. Chatham said. All three girls glance at one another, thinking of their time with Dr. Denman, knowing full well that they were traumatized by it. But they had to help one another to move forward and leave the past behind. Maybe this viewing thing can help out with that, and let their minds be at ease.

[Finally, he sees the tail slam against the door, and he jumps up out of his sleep panting for air, terrified of his dreams. He takes a few more deep breaths trying to calm himself down when another painful noise interrupts his thoughts.]

"You were, scared of me," Emma realized, speaking slowly as her eyes widened. Never in her life, would she have thought the bad boy of the Gold Coast would ever be scared of her. And she didn't even do it intentionally! She was just trying to save his life, which he was very 'grateful' for as he proved. "Well not exactly you, just your tail, sort of. I didn't know what you were, and my mind couldn't stop thinking about it and why it saved me. I thought about it constantly. I just couldn't get it off my mind, and I guess that's what started the nightmares," Zane explained, avoiding her gaze.

"You needed to find out the truth in order to be at peace," Max whispered to himself, being reminded about when he first discovered the girls secret. He had to find out what they were hiding in order to be at peace himself. I wonder if he found out in a similar way I did?

Rikki had a sad look on her face, her arms crossed as she began to feel bad for not being able to help Zane out. But they weren't together during that, so what could she have done?

Miriam: sitting in a sun lounge a few feet from him, drinking a glass of punch as she was getting a suntan while in her bathing suit. Takes a sip of her drink with her straw, barely sparing him a glance. "Was it the fish thing again?"

"How did she know about it?" Bella asked, a bit surprised. "He practically told the whole continent that there was a sea monster out there. It was the joke of the town," Cleo scoffed, Zane looked down.

"Oh look, the beast does have a heart," Rikki mocked, shooting daggers at the blonde on-screen.

Zane: takes a few more breaths and looks at her, completely clueless. "What?"