Time to Talk

I do not own H2O: Just Add Water or any of the characters.

Chapter 10: Time to Talk

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Walking through the door, they notice they are standing in a hallway filled with six other doors; each one of them having a group of names on them. They look at one another, agreeing they should go into separate rooms for privacy. Cleo's family chose to go into the dorm with Don's name on it, Rikki and her dad go into her dorm, and Emma's family decides to go into the Gilbert's dorm.

Neil opens the door to their room and they walk in, with Emma taking the lead. Before Elliot can walk inside, Lisa turns around and points at him. "Dear, why don't you go back and get something to eat? We need to have a chat with Emma." She begins to close the door, but Elliot stops her by putting his foot in the doorway. "No." Surprised by his disobedience, she opens the door once more as they look at each other. "I'm tired of being left out. I might be the youngest, but I'm a part of this family too. And it's about time we start acting like it. So, please, can I go inside?" Elliot pleads. Lisa stares at her son, surprised by his little outburst, wondering if he has been feeling like this for a while. Neil, who is already in the room with Emma, overhears the conversation and decides to speak. "Let him in, Lisa. I think this should involve him too." Sighing, she steps aside to let Elliot walkthrough.

Closing the door behind them, they walk to the middle of the room and take in their surroundings. There is a bed in each corner, except for the front-right side that is blocked out with another room that leads to the bathroom. To their left is a mini-fridge filled with bottled water and glass cups on a small table standing next to the fridge. Next to each bed is a nightstand with a lamp. And on the back wall was a closet assumably filled with clothes; how all this stuff got here, nobody knows.

Emma walks over to one of the beds and sits down, choosing to look at her feet instead of at her family. They stay quiet for a few minutes as they try to figure out what to say first, the other three looking at one another uncomfortably, until Neil finally decides to break the silence. "Emma." She looks up, making eye contact with him. "Everything that it showed us out there. It's real? It's actually real?" He gestures toward the direction of the theater. She hesitates, and looks at each of her family member's faces, trying to read their expressions: her mother seems like she is about to explode with questions, but also has a mix of worry. Her brother, full of anticipation and excitement, almost makes her want to smile.

But her dad's expression is probably the hardest one to read. There are so many emotions, that it's hard to tell what he is truly feeling. Anger? Sadness? Guilt? Sorrow? Happiness? Heartbroken? Or all the above. It was so unreadable that it made her not want to answer, but she knew that if she didn't, the situation would only get worse. Sighing, she fights back the tears that are trying to form and finally answers. "Yes."

Her brother's face brightens up at the answer, while her mother lets go of a breath that she did not realize she was holding. Lisa takes a step closer to her daughter and lets the questions flow. "Why? Why have you never told us?" After getting no response, she bends down so that she can see her daughter's face and continues. "We are a family. We promised we wouldn't keep secrets from one another and to tell us everything. And that includes you," she points. "So now we want to know why. Why didn't you tell us?"

Hearing her mother speak broke the dam that was holding her emotions back as the tears slowly began to fall down her cheeks and she chokes back a sob. Neil's face hardens as he sees his daughter's walls that she built up finally falling. "I wanted to," she whispers, loud enough for them to hear. They look at her surprised, never in their right mind would they have ever thought that she wanted to tell them. She wipes at her cheeks and looks back up as the tears still flow and she speaks louder this time. "I wanted to."