Hocus Pocus (Part 1)

I do not own H2O: Just Add Water or any of the characters.

Chapter 72: Hocus Pocus (part 1)

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[The morning in the Sertori house finds the two sisters' getting ready for another day of school. Kim sat at the table eating cereal for breakfast, while Cleo walks over to the table to prepare herself a bowl. She picks up the cereal box and finds it completely empty. Cleo looks over to her younger sister in annoyance.]

Kim: lowers her spoon. "What? I'm going through a growth spurt."

A few snorts echo in the room coming from the guys, mainly the teenagers themselves. Lewis and Will at least had the decency to cover their mouth while Zane and Ash had their mouths puffed out, trying their best not to burst out laughing. Even a few of the parents were smiling in amusement. Kim blushed in embarrassment from hearing Elliot giggle. "Great, the opening scene and it has to be embarrassing," she muttered under her breath.

"Aww, Emma was just like that when she became a preteen. Remember, dear? She kept throwing random tantrums and ate everything in sight," Lisa was telling her husband. "Mom!" Emma too joined Kim's embarrassment. Rikki bursts into laughter with Cleo biting back her own. "There's nothing wrong with growing up," Sam shook her head. "Now, now, Rikki, from what I remember you –," Terry grinned but was cut off by his daughter. "Not. Another. Word."

At least I won't have to worry about embarrassing stories since my parents aren't here, Bella thought with a grin. She missed them for sure but was ultimately relieved that she didn't have to worry about being humiliated. Zane couldn't hold it in anymore and his laughter grew loud. He clutched his stomach from the pain. "Zane don't make me start talking about you. Your preteen years weren't exactly the best either," Harrison warned, silencing Zane.

"My little girl's growing up," Don looked like he was about to weep. Bev was nearly there too. I missed this? she thought. Kim was growing up right in front of her very eyes and she missed it. What else did she miss?

"You ate all of the cereal?" Elliot giggled. "I was hungry," Kim grumbled, arms crossed, and her flushed cheeks turned even more red. "You'll be like that too one day, Elliot," Neil told him. "Yeah, right," Elliot didn't believe them.

"No cereal for you then," Lewis chuckled in amusement. "It was my favorite too," Cleo whined.

[Cleo places the empty box next to Kim then grabs an empty bowl that sat on the counter and walks over to the cabinets, getting hangry.]

Cleo: shouts. "Dad?" Slams the empty bowl onto the counter by the fridge and opens a fairly empty cabinet. All that was left was an empty ketchup bottle and a half jar of olives. "Where is all the food?" Picks up a can with no label on it, unsure of what it is, and probably doesn't want to find out.

"Someone's hangry," Will said. "I'm missing breakfast and we had to get ready for school. Of course I'm hangry," Cleo clarified. "Hangry?" Max and Mrs. Chatham look at one another in confusion. "It's a term kids came up with to describe hungry and angry. Hangry," Anette explained. She too used that word quite a lot whenever Charlotte was in the restaurant when she was younger and couldn't eat the customer's food. To be fair, it was for the customers, and she was making some for Charlotte. "I will never understand teenagers," Max shook his head.

Rikki glanced down, trying to keep from showing pity. She knew what that was like. On some occasions, their cabinets were the exact same way. Her dad works hard for their home, and it feels like every time, the rent just keeps going up. Seeing Cleo in a similar bind reminded her of what she will have to face once more when they return home. She had to admit, she was going to miss this place. Even though she wasn't particularly fond of everyone having to see her secret – not so secret – life, she did enjoy the free food. It kept her, her dad, and friends fed for a few more days.