In Too Deep (Part 2)

I do not own H2O: Just Add Water or any of the characters.

Chapter 56: In Too Deep (part 2)

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[The girls walk behind Mrs. Chatham, where their little journey leads them to a secluded and empty pier.]

Rikki: behind Mrs. Chatham, with Emma and Cleo following behind her. "I always thought exercise was overrated."

Mrs. Chatham: chuckles and walks up the pier. "So like Julia. I always found the best way was to ignore her moods. And I often carried a tennis racket. It became very useful."

"Huh, guess we do tend to copy a few things. Ignoring your mood always made our days brighter," Emma teased. "And if I ignore your cold heart, it makes mine feel all warm inside," Rikki shot back with a grin.

"Do you still happen to have that tennis racket by chance?" Lewis asked, raising his hand slightly. "Lewis," Rikki warned. "Kidding, kidding."

Rikki: "I'm out of here." Gets frustrated and shakes her head. Begins to leave when Mrs. Chatham pleads for her to stop.

Mrs. Chatham: "Wait. Wait!" Rikki halts and reluctantly turns around. She stands beside Emma and Cleo as Mrs. Chatham stares at the end of the pier.

"You were that annoyed that you couldn't handle some joke?" Terry asked a little surprised. Usually, she doesn't mind a few comments thrown back at her. "I wanted to focus on getting that locket back. I needed to figure out a way to get it off of Miriam," Rikki explained. "Going down memory lane doesn't help me do that." "But learning a lesson will," Mrs. Chatham told her.

Mrs. Chatham: points to the end of the pier. "It was up there." The girls glance at each other before looking back at Mrs. Chatham. "His name was Karl." Another memory shows, and this time it's of Karl standing near the end of the pier, his arms crossed, and hair combed back. The rest of the background, the present time, was grayed out. "He was smart, funny, rich. A bit of a bad boy, but very good looking." Mrs. Chatham chuckles at the memory of her old enemy before she shakes her head and sighs.

"For someone who's from generations ago, he ain't that bad looking," Charlotte said, a few other girls agreeing.

"Yeah, it would remind you of Zane, if you take away the smart and good-looking parts," Lewis joked. "Jealous, Lewis?" Zane raised an eyebrow. "I'd rather keep my smarts than your filthy wallet," Lewis scoffed.

Mrs. Chatham: "She told him everything."

Julia: stands in front of Karl and holds his hands, looking very nervous yet excited. "I'm a mermaid."

The mood of the theater descends quickly as a few shocked gasps escape the crowd. "She actually told him?!" Annette said in shock. It made her wonder if her mother told anybody. She wished she had told her.

"Why would she tell him on a public pier? Someone could have overheard her!" Kim exclaimed. "That wasn't very bright of her," Don said. "I said she was hotheaded, not smart," Mrs. Chatham joked. "You're joking about our dead friend?" Max asked, hating to remind both of them that she was gone. "It's Julia. I believe she would want us to laugh at the memories," Mrs. Chatham sighed with a smile before returning to the conversation. "But she wanted to do it in a public place in case things weren't to go exactly as she had hoped. Which, it didn't." She pointed to the screen.

Mrs. Chatham: "At first, he was upset."

Karl: gets mad and yanks his hands away. "When were you going to tell me this?" A man from the present walks through them in the past memory.