The Siren Effect (Part 1)

I do not own H2O: Just Add Water or any of the characters.

Chapter 28: The Siren Effect (part 1)

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[At the café one afternoon, a karaoke contest was taking place, with Miriam at the mic. She was singing a song to the customers, who were at their tables listening and watching. The girls were in the mix as well as they sat at a table doing the same thing. Lewis and Byron were sitting at a table next to them. Miriam continued singing as she swayed back and forth to the music, smiling until her song was over.]

Miriam: singing. "Angels to your side, to hold and protect you, through the night. Yes, I will send angels to your side," She turned her head slightly and looked at her table, where Tiffany, Nate, and Zane stared at her, fawning over how beautiful she sang. Rikki rolled her head around like she didn't want to hear it while Lewis sighed, wanting it to be over. "to hold and protect you through the night." She ends the song, and the crowd applauds her performance. The girls didn't move a muscle, relieved that she was done.

"Oh great," Cleo whined, putting her hands to her head, remembering this day. At least she was able to remember that day, that night, she wished she could. The only things she knew was the information that the girls told her: like the kiss with Lewis for example, which made her blush at the thought; unbeknownst to her, Lewis was doing the same thing.

"Looks like it's your turn, Cleo," Emma said, crossing her arms with a small smile on her face, also remembering this day. "Her turn for what?" Bev asked curiously. "It's my turn to be own moon-spelled," she sighed, wanting it over with, hoping that her first experience wasn't as embarrassing as Emma's first full moon. She and Don look at each other with slightly worried looks about their daughter. They still didn't quite grasp what it meant to be moon-spelled but at least they had a bit of understanding. She didn't get in any trouble during it, did she? Or hurt? How badly did it affect her?

"You don't look moon-spelled," Kim said, voicing her thoughts as a bit of fear crept up in her. She didn't want her sister to get hurt or anything. But from the way Cleo is reacting, she seemed fine about it. Maybe a little annoyed but that's about it. "I wasn't moon-spelled yet. But I wish I were, so I could forget that nightmare of a day," she sighed.

"She has a good voice," Lisa pointed out, trying to change the subject for the Sertori family. She knew how they were feeling. They felt the same way when Emma first got moon-spelled. They didn't know what was going on or what was going to happen. "Yeah, she does. But it doesn't make it any less annoying," Rikki complained, the other three nodding along in agreement.

Zane sighed, although he can't stand Miriam anymore, he had to reluctantly admit that she can sing, unlike someone he knows as he spared Cleo a glance, who looked aggravated by the praise Miriam was getting from the theater room as they piped in their positive comments about her singing as well.

Emma: to Rikki. "You gotta admit. She can sing." Cleo starts clapping slowly for her as Wilfred stands and holds Miriam's hand up in victory.

"I admitted it once, I will not admit it again. I hate complimenting the brat," Rikki grumbled. "I think it's the first time you ever did," Cleo laughed, though you could hear the annoyance in her tone as she thought of Miriam singing. She wasn't sure what she was more aggravated about: Miriam's singing or the embarrassment of her first full moon. She was glad that Miriam was done though.

"You didn't even admit it," Will said. "Not sure why you would want to compliment her," Zane scoffed.

Wilfred: "Let's hear it for Miriam!"