Red Herring (Part 2)

I do not own H2O: Just Add Water or any of the characters.

Chapter 50: Red Herring (part 2)

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[A minute later, Zane and Emma walk down the stairs, the brunette never knowing about the incident that happened just moments ago.]

Zane: "Emma, I need to talk to you about something really important."

Emma: "What do you want, Zane?"

"So why did you want to talk to her?" Neil asked him suspiciously. "I wanted to talk to her about Mrs. Chatham, since she knew her best from what I knew of," Zane admitted, surprising the elderly lady a bit that he paid that much attention to her.

Zane: looks around. "Where did Rikki go?"

Emma: stops and turns to him. "Does it matter?" Turns back and walks into the kitchen.

"I was upstairs. If you wanted to talk to her then it wasn't my conversation to be in," Rikki shrugged. "And way to go, almost blowing our cover."

"The house is only so big anyway and we know she didn't go out the door," Emma sighed, a bit disappointed she didn't catch that.

Zane: "Look, the thing is I know you're not going to approve of this. And I don't want to compromise your feelings for her, in any way." Rikki snuck down the base of the stairs and sat midways, flipping her hair back so her ears could pick the sound up better. Emma frowns and leans against the counter, wondering what he was talking about. "But that old woman, Mrs. Chatham, I need to talk to her, and I don't know where she is."

"I thought you said it wasn't your conversation?" Zane and Emma looked over at her. "It wasn't. But that doesn't mean I couldn't listen," Rikki smiled smugly.

"Did you think I was going to talk about you?" Zane smirked. "It did kind of sound like you were asking permission to date me before bringing up Mrs. Chatham," Rikki slowly admitted, a faint blush on her cheeks. "But why would I ask Emma? If I asked anyone, I would ask your father," Zane chuckled. Terry was surprised but then frowned. "But you didn't."

"You couldn't look her address up?" Sam asked. "It showed a picture of her boat and the dock location, but that was it. But since she obviously doesn't live there anymore, I'm guessing either it wasn't updated yet or it didn't know of the location of her new home," Zane informed. Mrs. Chatham felt a little relieved a that. She was okay with him confronting her in public, but she didn't know how she would react if he showed up at her home. Perhaps another heart attack.

"Just stick around the marine park for a while, you'll eventually find her," Cleo grinned.

Emma: glances sideways. "Mrs. Chatham? You might want to talk to her, Zane. But I'm pretty sure she doesn't want to talk to you."

"You could bet your buttons on that," Mrs. Chatham mumbled.

"After everything I did to her, I don't blame her for not wanting to," Zane sighed.

Zane: "We've had our differences, sure."

"That's an understatement," Elliot scoffed.

Zane: "But I think she knows more about that sea creature thing, than she's letting on." Rikki glances down before looking back in their direction, still sitting on the steps.

"She's never even mentioned the sea creature before though. How could she be holding information back if she's never mentioned it?" Bella asked. "She might've never said anything recently, but she did fifty years ago in that video," Zane pointed out. "All she said was that she didn't see a sea monster," Max told him. "And that was a lie. Because she was the 'sea monster'," Denman said. "She's not wrong," Mrs. Chatham muttered.