Dangerous Waters (Part 2)

I do not own H2O: Just Add Water or any of the characters.

Chapter 23: Dangerous Waters (part 2)

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[All of them go back to Cleo's house, where Lewis meets them. He is currently on the house phone, searching for the one that calls himself 'Barry Rollins.' Emma sits next to him by the counter with a notepad and pencil.]

Lewis: "Is that right? Well, you sound very active for your age. No. No, no it was lovely talking to you. Ok, bye." Emma scribbles out a name on the notepad in front of her and slams the pen down while Lewis ends the phone call. He puts it down on the counter. Cleo and Rikki walk into the kitchen. Rikki stops while Cleo continues around the counter and walks into the kitchen.

"Please tell me you didn't call every Barry that you saw in the phone book," Kim sighed, shutting her eyes. "Yeah, we did," Emma said. "While that's a good tactic, if he gave you a false name, then it goes nowhere," Ash said. "The only thing that went anywhere was the phone bill. And that was up," Don said, narrowing his eyes at Lewis. "I hope you're going to pay for that one, Lewis." "Don't worry dad. I did. It was my idea," Cleo mentioned.

Lewis: "Uh, I've tried ever B. Rollins in the phone book. And the only Barry is a seventy-five-year-old and has a plastic hip."

Rikki: "That's not him."

Lewis: "Oh, he did only get it a couple of weeks ago."

Rikki: looks away. "Not him."

Lewis: "Back playing balls already, he reckons. You sure he's not your man?"

Rikki: looks up. "Trust me."

"Mocking me wasn't any help," Rikki said. "No but it was fun," Lewis smiled.

Emma: turns to her with a look. "You must be feeling pretty stupid right now."

"Emma!" Lisa scolded. "It was the truth," Rikki muttered, feeling glum. "Don't act like you don't make mistakes either, Em," Neil warned. Emma looks down, feeling bad about it, knowing her parents were right. "Sorry, Rikki." "It's alright. I deserved it," she said quietly.

Rikki: rolls her head. "Well, what –."

Emma: "Ok, let's recap what we know. You've been supplying wild fish to some strange guy who's been selling them off the pier."

Cleo: "And that's illegal."

"Gee really? Didn't know that?" Kim said.

"Way to state the obvious, Cleo," Rikki chuckled.

"No need to be so sarcastic about it," Elliot told his sister.

"So, you were involved in a crime," Bella said. "I didn't know what he was doing at the time!" Rikki said, defending herself. "I got out of it as soon as I found out."

Rikki: gives them a sarcastic look. "Gee, guys, do you think that could be why he used a false name?" She walks off as the other three look at each other.

"Yeah, that could be why," Charlotte mused.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[Rikki locks herself in the bathroom. Emma, Cleo, and Lewis lay on Cleo's bed. The two girls wear their sunglasses, hiding the anger in their eyes, trying to get her to come out. Lewis and Emma lean against the bed frame with Cleo behind them.]