Shipwrecked (Part 2)

I do not own H2O: Just Add Water or any of the characters.

Chapter 31: Shipwrecked (part 2)

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[Later that night, while everyone was asleep, Mrs. Chatham snuck out of the Gilbert household and into the streets, making her way to the marina. She walks down the dock and stops at the gate, clinging to it as she sees her boat. A smile takes form as she stares at it with rememberable enjoyment.]

Mrs. Chatham: "Did you miss me?" Sighs then makes her way to her boat.

"You snuck out?" Elliot said in a bit of surprise. He knew she wasn't there the next day, but he just thought she left that morning. Not in the middle of the night.

"I didn't hear the door open," Neil said. "Nothing would stop me from getting to my Lorelei, Mr. Gilbert," she said, eyeing him.

[She turns on the lamp inside the boat and makes her way to the control panel with a determined look on her face.]

Mrs. Chatham: "Alright, Lorelei, don't fail me now." She turns the key, attempting to turn it on. The motor makes a few odd noises then stutters to a stop. She sighs and tries again, turning the key once more. This time, however, it was a complete success, as the motor roars with a weak life and the water goes through the pipes in a cycling pattern. She laughs in victory and hits the control panel lightly. "Twenty years since I've heard that sound."

"I have to say, for a boat that old and not moving in that long of a time, that's quite impressive," Don mused.

"Not bad for an old-timer," Harrison added. Mrs. Chatham turns to look at him, giving him a small glare. "I meant the boat," he corrected himself while chuckling.

[She puts her hand on the lever and moves it forward slowly, inch by inch. Her boat begins to make its way out of the harbor as she turns it around in the outgoing direction. However, as she's turning it, she doesn't realize how close she is to Zane's jet ski.]

"Oh, I'm not going to like this," Zane said, covering his eyes. Though he couldn't help but peak anyways.

"Ya know you really should watch where you're going," Lewis winced. He was a fan of boats too, but he wasn't sure he would go this far for one. "I'm aware, Lewis. Now," Mrs. Chatham huffed.

Mrs. Chatham: "That feels better." She turns the wheel a little bit more. Unfortunately, though, this causes the boat to scrape harshly against the jet ski. The scraping and grating noise caught her attention, as she turns to look out the window and fix her direction of steering.

"That does not make him feel better seems like," Will said as he winced from the look of horror he saw on Zane's face. It almost looked like he was going to cry.

Mrs. Chatham: sees what she hit. "Oh, dear, he won't like that."

Mrs. Chatham looks up to Zane and gives him a sincere and apologetic look. "Forgive me, Zane. I was too reckless. I should have been paying attention. I'm truly sorry." Zane looks at her and slightly nods. He was a little upset, but he knew he shouldn't take it out on her for past events. That and with the crowd around him right now, it seemed not like a good idea to lose his temper at the moment. "It's alright. And I'm sorry too. I acted reckless as well. It's my fault that you lost your boat. I should've been more careful."

"It's okay. Those things can be replaced. But you can't," she said, pointing at him. A smile lights up on his face with a tint of red from embarrassment at the cheesiness. It seemed like he and Mrs. Chatham were going to be getting along quite well as friends.