Fire and Ice (Part 1)

I do not own H2O: Just Add Water or any of the characters.

Chapter 70: Fire and Ice (part 1)

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[The three mermaids were at it again, speeding through the water on their way to Mako. They pause for a moment to enjoy the view of the never-ending blue and its magnificent underwater world. Emma drifts away from the group and speeds off through the water, doing underwater flips through the reefs and schools of fish. Cleo and Rikki smile at each other as they watch their friend do her tricks and then follow her.]

"Woah!" Kim and Elliot gasped in awe. "That was amazing," Ash said in astonishment. "That's impressive," Will complimented.

"When did you learn to do that?" Neil said in bewilderment. "Just recently. I've been practicing," Emma smiled wide. "Well, it really shows," Don mentioned. "That was spectacular, sweetie!" Lisa beamed with pride. "Way to go, Emma!" Elliot cheered.

Bella smiled, glad to know she had something in common with Emma that came with the whole mermaid ordeal. They both liked doing tricks. Though she was sure the others could do it as well, it's a little more difficult to do while speed-swimming. Something that takes a little while to control how fast you go and maneuver.

"Showoff," Rikki scoffed. "You're just jealous that I learned it before you," Emma smirked. "Hey, we did learn it," Cleo defended. "Yeah, after," Emma reminded.

"Another race?" Charlotte asked. "Yup," Rikki nodded. "It wasn't supposed to be," Cleo said. "So, if it is, then why is she swimming off-course and doing flips?" she asked. "I was distracting them," Emma remarked. "No, you just wanted to show off your new trick," Cleo corrected. "Hey, it worked, didn't it?!"

"I'm guessing since you two stopped swimming while Emma was still going she won anyway, didn't she?" Sam guessed. "You'd be correct," Rikki sighed as Emma continued to have a smug look on her face.

[In the moonpool, Emma swims up first – per usual – goes to the rocky ledge and turns around to find Cleo and Rikki right behind her, just now surfacing.]

Rikki: swims to the ledge next to Emma. "Show off."

"Hope your jealousy isn't like Cleo's," Kim snickered causing Cleo to glare at her. "Please, I'll need a diary for that," Rikki joined her teasing. "You're not denying it though," Emma grinned at Rikki who rolled her eyes.

Cleo: to Emma. "I thought we were coming out here to relax."

"With you three? It never is," Lewis scoffed. "It always seems you're either racing or doing something to prevent the secret from being exposed. When have you ever relaxed?" Bella chuckled. "The occasional swims don't count," Lewis held a hand up as Emma opened her mouth. "I relax at work," Cleo shrugged. "And you are probably the only person who will ever say that. Ever," Rikki told her. "It's my happy place," Cleo pouted. "She's not the only one. I find my work quite relaxing," Don pointed out.

Emma: "You can relax at my place, for the whole weekend. My parents are going away."

"Ah, another sleepover?" Annette smiled. "This one's not going to involve more black current juice, is it?" Zane asked with a smug grin. "For the sake of my kitchen, I hope not," Lisa gulped. Although I wouldn't be surprised with the mess of a party we came home to, Neil thought with a frown. "No Miriam this time, no explosive juices," Cleo grinned. "No, but there was much worse than alfalfa and black current juice everywhere," Emma shuttered at both the memory of Rikki's disastrous mess and her mother's soon-to-be reaction to her ruined kitchen.