The Camera Never Lies (Part 1)

I do not own H2O: Just Add Water or any of the characters.

Chapter 24: The Camera Never Lies (part 1)

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[An old video plays on the TV that hangs on the wall of the Juicenet cafe, with everyone watching it. The video follows some footsteps that go along the beach, trailing behind some boots that are leaving the prints in the sand. Suddenly the one wearing the boots begins to run, everyone watches in curiosity, including the girls and Lewis who are sitting at their regular booth. Zane, Miriam, Tiffany, and Nate are over at the counter, the former two sitting at a table next to the other two, watching the short film.]

"What is this?" Charlotte asked, pointing to the video. "Ah, this is the short film contest that Wilfred hosts every year. Every contestant has to create a short film on the topic of his choice and play it in the café," Lewis explained. "Okay, but what's happening in the video?" Bella asked. "You'll have to find out for yourself," Lewis smiled.

[The boot trail comes to an end as the person falls casually to the ground, revealing a toddler who smiles and picks his feet up, taking off the boots. Everyone chuckles, loving the adorable little surprise. The kid then gets up and does a pose, where some words come on the screen that says 'Big Boots to Fill' on it. The video comes to an end, fading out.]

"Aww, that's so adorable!" Bella cooed.

"That's so cute. Is that your little brother?" Sam asked, smiling gently. "Nope. That's my cousin," Lewis said. He has a little cousin too? Charlotte thought with a bit jealousy. Great, brothers I didn't know of, a cousin I didn't know of. What's next, he has a sister?

Wilfred: picks the remote up and turns the tv off, then addresses the crowd. "'Big Boots to Fill,' by Lewis McCartney, the winning entry from last year's junior filmmakers' competition." He walks over to the pool table and puts some fliers down on it. Cleo, who is sitting next to him, gives him a proud smile, and Lewis returns it.

"Congratulations. It looked great," Annette told him. "Thanks, but it did require a lot of bribing. Mainly cookies," Lewis said, thinking of his little cousin's demands. They chuckle in reply, Cleo shakes her head.

Emma: and Rikki sit across from them. She talks to the others. "If we're gonna win this thing, we have to be aware of the rules."

Rikki: leans in and shrugs. "Forget the rules. It's a short film contest. We make a short film. How hard can it be?"

"A lot harder than you think," Zane muttered, thinking of what happened to his film.

"Emma's right. You need to know the rules so all your efforts don't go to waste," Neil said. "Yeah, I guess so. Especially since the rules were so restricting," Rikki sighed. "How so?" Ash asked. Rikki points to the screen.

Cleo: "Last year, they rejected an entry because it was seven seconds over three minutes." Rikki looks away, as their attention gets drawn back to Wilfred.

"Seven seconds? They couldn't have been reasonable with that?" Bev asked. "Well, they couldn't let the rules slide for just anyone, so I guess it makes sense. And they could've just edited it down a little," Lisa reasoned. "Rules are rules," Emma said.

Wilfred: leans against the pool table, talking to the crowd once more. "Ok, filmmakers, this year's theme is heroes."

"Heroes? That sounds interesting," Max said. "Yeah, well, some of us had different ideas when it came to heroes," Rikki commented, looking over at Emma who sighed.