The Denman Affair (Part 2)

I do not own H2O: Just Add Water or any of the characters.

Chapter 21: The Denman Affair (part 2)

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[In Emma's room that night, she shuts the door to her room and sits down on the bed next to Cleo and Rikki, looking serious; facing Lewis, who is sitting on her vanity chair, facing them.]

Emma: "Lewis, she saw the sample. How could you?"

Lewis: "You're not getting the big picture. It was an accident!"

"An accident that could have been avoided," Will pointed out.

Lewis: puts his hands together. "And besides, she's a scientist. This is what scientist do."

"It shouldn't matter if she's a scientist or not. It still puts them in danger," Neil reminded him, obviously worried about his daughter.

He was defending me? Denman thought.

Rikki: scoffs. "Sell out their friends?"

Lewis: "No! Compare notes. That's the thing about us."

"That is not comparing notes," Sam commented.

"Ah, so we are friends," Lewis said, trying to lighten the mood. Although it didn't help.

Rikki: Emma gets angry as Rikki looks at him, hurt. "Us?"

Lewis: nods to her. "We scientists. Our need to know is what drives us! Believe me." He breathes in and holds his hands up. "She's cool."

"Sometimes it's best not to know," Mrs. Chatham sighed.

"I guess I was just so excited that there was a fellow scientist around, that I got blindsided," Lewis explained, feeling guilty. "You're not a scientist!" Rikki shouted in annoyance.

Rikki: waves her hands around. "What if her need to know ends up with her dissecting us?"

"Then she has to get through me," Terry scowled. "Us too," Neil nodded along with Lisa and Don.

Bev looks at her roommate, a little hope left in her eyes. "You wouldn't, would you?" Denman looks at her for a second, before turning away from her and looking down, not wanting to answer her question and give her hopes up.

Lewis: stern look. "She's not like that."

"She better not be," Don said, narrowing his eyes. "Oh, how wrong you are," Zane muttered quietly.

Lewis: shakes his head. "I have to go. I'll talk to you tomorrow." Gets up and grabs his backpack, then opens the door and leaves, looking at them while shutting it. The other two look over at Emma, then at Cleo, who shrugs in response.

Cleo: slowly answers. "Lewis isn't usually this erratic."

"Are you sure about that?" Ash quipped.

Rikki: looks at Emma. "Those in favor of not trusting Lewis as far as we could throw him, raise your hands." Raises both of her hands.

Emma: "Agreed. Let's keep an eye on him." Raises her hand as Cleo looks at them both.

Kim, Elliot, and several of the other teenagers does as well. "Hey!" Lewis exclaimed, although was glad that Cleo didn't ever raise hers.

"Should we tell them what she did to us?" Rikki whispered to Emma. Emma glances at Cleo, remembering her reaction earlier, then looks back at Rikki. "Not yet. I say we wait. If Lewis is right about this possibly going to the present time, then they'll find out about it eventually."