Fish Out of Water (Part 1)

I do not own H2O: Just Add Water or any of the characters.

Chapter 53: Fish Out of Water (part 1)

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

After one wild and eventful night, everyone rose from their slumber and gathered in the buffet room to get some breakfast. Some were a bit restless. Bev and Neil still had unanswered questions, the former having never gotten an answer from the scientist. Terry, while still trusting Rikki's word, for now, worries about the upcoming events, ones that he was unaware of what they might be about. While others, like Lewis and the other guys, had a peaceful night and plenty of rest. And it seems like they weren't the only ones, Lewis noticed.

The girls act so energetic, all smiles and laughter, talking while they fixed their plates. However, what confused him the most was that they had somehow brought the new girl, Bella, into their little group. It was so strange, seeing them interact like they've known them forever. Kim seems to have noticed too. Then again, she did room with them all night, so it makes sense for her to realize as well.

Now, with plates full of eggs, toasts, pancakes, and so much more, everyone gathers back into the main room to get on with the rest of the viewing. As they sit down, Lewis took the opportunity to question them while the others take their seats.

"Did I miss something?" Lewis leans forward in his seat and motions to both them and Bella, who was back in her original seat.

The girls look at one another, a bit hesitant. Last night, when Kim was out of earshot, they agreed not to tell Lewis yet. It would be best to wait until Bella was a bit more comfortable with others knowing.

The trio shook their heads and shrugged. "No," they all say simultaneously, which only made Lewis even more confused. "We just really bonded last night," Cleo smiled, the other two muffling their giggles. "Don't fret about it, Lewis. They've been like this all night," Kim groaned in annoyance.

Lewis frowns, but before he could question it further, Don asks if everyone was ready. When multiple yes' were echoed through the room, Lewis sighs and leans back in his seat. He'll have to worry about it another time.

Don nods toward Harrison, who had the remote now, and pressed play.

[It was a scaretastic weekend for the two girls, Emma and Cleo, having just spent it watching a zombie horror film. After leaving the theater, the girls walk out into the main lobby and discuss the movie.]

Cleo: "That was so scary."

Emma: "They're just people in rubber masks."

"You guys watched a movie?" Will asked. "What else would we be doing at a movie theater?" Emma sarcastically asked. "I dunno. Play at the arcade?" Will suggested. "Please, we're sixteen, not six," Emma scoffed. "You're never too old for the arcade," Ash smiled.

"Oh, is that when the new Zombie Movie came out?" Lewis asked. "Yup," Cleo answered. "What was it called?" Kim asked. "That's literally what it's called. Zombie Movie," Emma chuckled. "So creative," Kim rolled her eyes.

"Why isn't Rikki with you? Did you not invite her?" Neil asked. "I was, uh, preoccupied at the time," Rikki grimaced, rubbing the back of her neck. "We did. But she was busy to say the least," Emma winced, both blondes knowing this wasn't going to go well.

Cleo: "Not that. The zombie in the laundromat that got electrocuted, she was wearing my pink top."

"That's what you were focused on?" Kim busted out in laughter then paused. "Wait a second, is that why you didn't wear that top for a while?" "Maybe," Cleo hesitantly admitted.