Red Herring (Part 1)

I do not own H2O: Just Add Water or any of the characters.

Chapter 49: Red Herring (part 1)

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[It was a busy day at the marine park, with lots of people visiting the beautiful and talented dolphins. One couple, in particular, was crouched down by the pool posing with a dolphin that cackled in the water behind them. Emma who kindly agreed to take the photo for them stood a few feet away with a camera and took a great picture of the nice couple.]

Emma: "Smile." Takes the picture then hands it back to them. "There you go."

Couple: stands up and takes the camera back from her. "Thank you."

"Who are they?" Neil asked. "Not sure. But they had asked if I could take a photo of them, so I said yes," Emma answered. "That's sweet of you, Em," Lisa smiled.

"How come every time I ask you to take my photo you always say no," Cleo frowned. "Because every time I do, you always have me retake it. 'The lighting is all wrong, the angle isn't good enough, let me try a different pose.' It's just a photo!" Emma exclaimed.

[Emma turns around where she finds Rikki coming up to her.]

Rikki: "You know, it takes fewer muscles, to just say no."

Emma: "Had to do something, whilst I was waiting." Starts walking down the stone path, with Rikki following her.

"That's our Emma, always willing to help someone out," Neil chuckled.

"She is such a nice girl," Annette nodded before turning to her daughter. "You should try hanging out with her more at school. I think you two will get along just fine." "With us knowing their secret I might just have to," Charlotte chuckled. "But I'll try mom. They have been rather nice to me."

"It might take fewer muscles to say no, but it takes a lot of courage to say yes," Mrs. Chatham said.

Rikki: "Ok, yep. Sorry, I got a little caught up."

"A little caught up perhaps on someone else's lips?" Kim quipped. "Kim!" Bev scolded as both Rikki and Zane's faces flushed red. "You were with Zane, weren't you?" Emma asked. "He wanted to hang out before I met up with you and Cleo," Rikki mumbled. Emma laughed. "Oh, relax. It's fine." Terry raised a suspicious eyebrow at the conversation, wondering what happened while they were hanging out.

Emma: "I'm surprised you even showed up at all."

Rikki: "Alright, okay. Yep, I get it. I've been a little inconsistent, lately."

"It was only by a few minutes," Rikki shrugged it off. "Half an hour is not a few minutes!" Emma exclaimed.

Emma: "It's alright. I'm sure you'll tell me about it when you're ready."

"Did you?" Terry asked. Considering he didn't know about it until moments ago, he assumed that the girls knew since they seemed to have a pretty close friendship. Ya know, with the secret and all. The trio looks at one another, grimacing, and then avoids his gaze. "Um, in a way," Cleo hesitantly answered. "I was going to tell them when the time was right, but they found out beforehand. But they took it surprisingly well, a lot better than I thought at least," Rikki mentioned. Hopefully, they'll take it well this next go around.

"That was surprisingly well to you? Then I hate to see what was the worst," Lewis shook his head. "It was rather surprising," Emma glanced at her.

[Emma and Rikki continue walking down the path until they run into a familiar surfer. Byron spots the two and calls them over.]