Hook, Line and Sinker (Part 2)

I do not own H2O: Just Add Water or any of the characters.

Chapter 48: Hook, Line and Sinker (part 2)

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[Rikki's phone rings in her purse, which was lying on the table inside the penthouse. Zane tries his best to get the door open, but it was still locked shut.]

Zane: hits the door in frustration. "Great, this is just perfect."

"Remember when Lewis said that mermaids can bring bad omens? This is one of those moments," Rikki sighed. "It wasn't that bad from what I remember," Zane mumbled to himself with a smile.

"That explains why you didn't pick up," Cleo thought. "Either way, I wasn't going to get involved in your fishy schemes," Rikki chuckled. "No, but Emma still wanted me to tell you anyway."

Rikki: "You're the one who asked me up here."

"I wasn't blaming it on you," Zane mentioned. "No, but it sure sounded like it," Rikki countered. That was just my fear talking. Oh great, are they going to learn of that, too? Zane internally groaned.

Zane: sighs and turns back to her. "Look, we're stuck. Ok? Maybe we can pretend not to hate each other, for just a few minutes." Zane walks away from the door.

"You two never once acted like you hated each other the whole time until that moment," Annette pointed out. "Must've been either because there was no one else we knew around or he was really bored out of his mind," Rikki smirked. "Why not both?" Zane let out a laugh.

Rikki: crosses her arms and turns away. "Fine. I never should have come to this stupid seminar."

Zane: "Me either."

"Wasn't my decision," Zane huffed. "Well next time it is," Harrison told him.

Rikki: "Whole thing's just a scam."

"Pretty much all seminars are. It's just one big charity fund for the companies," Neil shook his head. He's been to a few before, he knows how they work.

"If you knew it was a scam then why'd you still go?" Emma asked. "I'd thought I might pick up a few things from it. The only thing I learned is that it was a waste of time and how not to scam people out of their money," Rikki said, shooting a look at Harrison.

Zane: "Gee, whatever gave you that impression?"

Rikki: "It's just a way to scam mom and dad investors out of their hard-earned money." Glances at him. "Your dad and all his fakers. They're all just crooks."

Zane: "I'm not arguing, ok?" Walks back to the door to try and budge it open again.

Harrison looked down. Not because of the angry looks that were being sent his way by some of the people. He knew he already had a bad rep so far as a father and as a businessman. But because even his own son could see his flaws when he couldn't see it himself. It showed how bad the cracks were at the time. He knew they were at a better place now, but he still had a lot of making up to do. For everyone.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[Lewis was enjoying a nice cool smoothie with his feet kick-backed against the table when the other competitors came back from the docks and surrounded his table in the Juicenet. Clearly ticked off, but for a reason unknown to his oblivious mind. Don stood with the group along with Nate, the rest of them glaring at the boy.]